Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm not really new, but never posted before.

I'm in mid-Missouri. My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 8 (I'm 63 now). I have trouble still with gauge. I love to crochet though and have a couple of unfinished projects and a couple unfinished knittng projects. I am a substitute teacher and have two degrees, one in fine arts and one in English. Need four more classes for my Education degree. I'm happy to be a part of this group and look forward to reading more of your posts. Have a wonderful "artsy" day. --Bobbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Bobbie,

Welcome to the group! It is great to have you on board! Congratulations on your upcoming degree! I look forward to reading more about your projects!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the warm welcome. Are you also a member of Knitting Paradise? Looks like the same photo as a member there. Anyway, thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie5834 View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome. Are you also a member of Knitting Paradise? Looks like the same photo as a member there. Anyway, thanks again!
    Hello Bobbie,

Actually, I have not signed up for Knitting Paradise as of yet. The picture added came with my computer - :0).

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bobbie!
    I'm in NE Arkansas so not that far from you. I also have trouble with gauge. I also am "in my 60's"--about to turn 61. I also majored in English (but lack several classes to get my degree). But I did get my MRS--twice!

Glad to have you here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti Hale View Post
    Hi Bobbie!
    I'm in NE Arkansas so not that far from you. I also have trouble with gauge. I also am "in my 60's"--about to turn 61. I also majored in English (but lack several classes to get my degree). But I did get my MRS--twice!

Glad to have you here.
    Hey Patti,My husband keeps telling me "You're too old to be doing this s**t." I tell him that it keeps my mind active. I love teaching AND going to school. Go ahead and finish your degree, Patti; you'll never regret it...and thanks for the post.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also a member of Knitting Paradise. They do have some crochet but it's mostly knitting! And the members are just as helpful as here! You get different answers from each forum. I think it's worth it being a member of both!

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    I am also a member of Knitting Paradise. They do have some crochet but it's mostly knitting! And the members are just as helpful as here! You get different answers from each forum. I think it's worth it being a member of both!
    Nice to hear from another KPer. Look forward to being here too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bobbie,
    Tell your husband that's just WRONG! LOL!

I love learning and learn things everyday doing what I do now, which, when I'm not posting on here and crocheting, (or both) is freelance writing. Don't really think at my age a degree is going to help much since I don't want to teach and no one likes hiring us "old" folks and when they do, it's just to take advantage of the fact that they think you can't get a job anywhere else at your age. (Do I sound bitter---lol) yep!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti Hale View Post
    Bobbie,
    Tell your husband that's just WRONG! LOL!

I love learning and learn things everyday doing what I do now, which, when I'm not posting on here and crocheting, (or both) is freelance writing. Don't really think at my age a degree is going to help much since I don't want to teach and no one likes hiring us "old" folks and when they do, it's just to take advantage of the fact that they think you can't get a job anywhere else at your age. (Do I sound bitter---lol) yep!
    Patti,
    I work part time for our local newspaper too. I do the stories on folks from Dixon who have made it big after leaving here, new businesses in the area, etc. I attend City Council meetings and School Board meetings and report on them. I enjoy it. I am substituting for the computer teacher at the Middle School this afternoon. I stay pretty busy. I also have sold Avon since 1988. Anyway, getting your degree can't hurt. Take care.

12. Likes Patti Hale liked this post