Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa,I apologize for misspelling your name! I had a dear co-worker that spelled her name with two s's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dona! I do not care - name is only sound... I want to learn tatting and bobbin lace and net embroidery... a lot. But I do not have time
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello I'm a newbie too. I am also a retired senior of 62 yrs have been in remission from breast cancer for nearly 4 yrs. I am hoping to get to know people too, I live with my oldest daughter her husband and 4 grandchildren. Two of them are about to fly from the nest. I have a studio like bedroom and it is my private space. I am blessed to have a wonderful family there is no drama just fun. These days with the economy so bad allot of families are doing the "Walton" living style, that is how it is here, I bought the house outright and will live out my days with my family.
    You know if everyone on this earth wrote a book about their life, it would be so much we all could learn from!
    God bless you too,
    Marla

4. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Marla,I am so sorry that you ahve had health problems,but am glad that you have four years of remission. Considering that I will be 67 in September,I am very lucky healthwise with very few health problems. My husband and I live on an acreage in a very small town in Nebraska with a blind bischon and a nice,but in charge Shih zu. I ove crocheting things for my grand children!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Dona, all is good these days and am looking forward to summer days. I live in Boise, ID the winters haven't been too bad these past few years but I tire of the long nights and short days. In the summer the crickets chirp and put me to sleep. When it gets hot we have a swimming pool to jump into.
    My mother grew up in Nebraska and Wyoming then ended up in CA, started a family and lived a very good life with my dad, she passed just days short of their 50th anniversary. I've never been to those states but met allot of her relatives from NB and WY. She also had pictures, her father was 2nd generation of Irish immigrants and grew potatoes she grew up in a hard way of life, there were a total of 9 siblings 1 died of TB at 1yr and her 11 yr old brother died of polio. Fortunately she met my dad who became an engineer in microwave and she never had to want for anything ever again.
    Now I'm writing a book, will look forward to writing to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Marla! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,Marla! Is your book about your family and your life? Is this your first book? How exciting! I love to try new things. We have an acreage in a town of around 400 people. The solitude is great. I love going camping in my mobile home . My dogs love the walks,I love to take my crochet,and my husband loves the food. We,also,enjoy riding on the bike trail at Harlan Co. Dam. Looking forward to hearing from you again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Larisa thank you for your welcoming. Maybe you can help me with some suggestions on what stiches to use to recreate a doily I found at a second hand store. It is a design of feathers it really is unique and beautiful. I would love to try and duplicate it but need help dissecting the pattern and stiches. Here is a picture of it I am making dream catchers (sun catcher) and feel this one would be great to duplicate it and make different colors.Attachment 8938Attachment 8939Attachment 8940 This last picture is one I made for my granddaughter's graduation gift. It's all crochet, I found it easier to change colors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to crochettalk Marla. Sorry it has taken me so long to recognize you as a new member. Sometimes I get so busy I forget to do some things. Those doily's are beautiful and so is the dream catcher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Marla and welcome. I have only been here a few days but everyone is awesome and willing to help each other. I am glad you are in remission and God willing you will continue.
    I love the pictures you posted. They are so pretty. My favorite is the one you made for your granddaughter's graduation.
    God Bless

12. Thanks marlamartin thanked for this post