Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh well. I know Bulgarian a bit... may be more but I need more practice. It was long ago I communicated Bulgarian. Unfortunately I live in urkaine. Довиджане -- Лариса
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    You are more then welcome.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    You are more then welcome.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I'm an English as a second language teacher and a crochet teacher...perfect combination to help you if you struggle with crochet patterns...the code of written patterns is SO different than regular English, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Funny - I taught English as a Foreign Language for over 25 yrs. back in Europe! Crafts have been my hobby as far back as I can remember and I used to knit & crochet a lot more than nowadays - old squeaky bones and joints, what can I say?! I more or less can deal with the abbreviations but I get confused when I look at illustrations as it seems I hold the needles/hooks totally wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    "wrong" AAAhhh! I dislike that word when it comes to crochet and knitting. There are so many ways to hold the hooks and yarn so that it's comfortable for each person. Holding a crochet hook is different than using nouns after prepositions, there are exceptions to the rule! It's always nice to meet a fellow language teacher!
    Here's a video that demonstrates 3 ways to create tension, with the pinkie and without, feeding over the middle finger or over the index finger.

2 ways to hold hook:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Efrosina. Welcome to Crochet Talk. Nice to have you with us

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Audrey! Happy to be here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Charles, I know, I know... nothing wrong with being different, we all are! Yet, guess what makes it difficult but challenging for me is that I have to try to find a way of getting the same end result!

10. Likes Charles Voth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa, are there any other eastern Europeans here? Did you ever come to Bulgaria as a tourist? Many from all over the Soviet Union used to come to the Black sea. I remember that quite well. Are you in a safe place in Ukraine (if there is one!)? I am really worried looking at the news on TV. Please stay safe! Пока!