Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  21
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Snorton65
    Nice to see your post. What are you currently working on? I love working on amigurumi. They are fun as they are quick projects. I get bored with long projects. What is your crochet preference?
    Where are you located? Is it still cold there? I am from Central NY state. It is just beginning to warm up here. We still had snow last week, but today we are looking at a nice 52 degrees by mid day!
    Welcome and hope to become friends
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorton65 View Post
    Hi, I am back!
    I am not even sure how long it has been. But I'm back and I am more into crocheting then ever before. Hoping for some suggestions, and maybe I can even give someone else some as well.
    Hugs
    Hi Snorton65,
    You might be interested in the 'more v's please 12 inch square'. I made that one again and after all the rows it said to do on the pattern I did 3 rows of the crochet v's and then hdc and started on 3 more row of v's. Not sure on how big it's going to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just found this site, referred by a member of a another site. I enjoy knitting and crochet. I also sew. Mostly 18" doll clothes. Retired massage therapist. I'm 74 and just finishing up a year of breast cancer treatment. Everything is looking good.

Post Thanks / Like
    So nice to meet you grandmajoan.

Great news to hear that your cancer treatments are over and the results are good. I see you are in SW Florida! Nice and warm there? I am in Central NY State. In a very rural area, mostly dairy community, and cold still. We had a snow storm this past Monday night (4/18) 8 inches and since it is supposed to be spring, the snow was wet and heavy. We lost power until last night (4/21) So that meant no heat, no electric, no water. Not very comfortable. We did set up a generator for a space heater and the refrigerator. We were also able to charge our phones where we only get just a bit of service here. Like 1 bar of service so it is sketchy to even make a call.

The Chobani yogurt factory is in the next town and employs a ton of people who are not farmers. We also have grown a new Amish community over the past 5 years. So now we see Amish buggys on our roads.
    I love to crochet amigurumi and am now working on a dog, a Westhighland terrier from one of the Edwards Menagerie books. I am also working on a granny square blanket and a sweater for myself. Don't let my numerous projects fool you as I only crochet 1 or 2 days a week since I own and teach at my dance school and it is recital season! This is the time of year I get very nervous. Do you work?

I see your name is grandmajoan....I am assuming you have grandchildren LOL. How many?
    Looking forward to communicating with you
    Teri

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Teri, thank your for newsy message. Took me a while to get back on as I forgot my password already!
    How awful to be without power, even for a short time. Here in Florida it happens during hurricane season. We have been fortunate, only short outages. We do have a generator to keep the fridge and freezer going.

I have one granddaughter, she will be 14 in July. My daughter, son in law and Samantha live in Ontario, Canada. I have an aunt and uncle and some cousins there also. My Mum and brother are in England and Scotland. I was born in Glasgow and emigrated at 18 to Canada.
    Hubby's remaining brother, youngest daughter and grandchildren are also in Ontario. Older daughter and son are here near us. We are hoping to visit assorted family this summer. It's been three years since we have been there. We moved to Florida in 91. Mostly to get away from the cold!
    I'd love to see a pic of your westie when it's done. Over the years we were owned by three westies. The first two had pups. Such fun. We now have a yorkie mix we rescued. She is about 18lbs. Yorkie colouring but about the size of Jack Russell. I mostly knit but just finished a granny square lap blanket for my granddaughter. I used all the left over yarn from all the 19" doll clothes I have made for her of the last 5 years so it is quite colourful. I hope she likes it. Samantha takes Irish dancing at a dance school where my daughter works. She really enjoys it.
    I'm currently knitting a scarf, old shale pattern. Sometimes chemobrain gets me and I have trouble with following a pattern. This one is easy but I had trouble getting started.
    I want to crochet a cardigan for myself. Just need to find a pattern. Something in a thicker yarn so it doesn't take forever. Too warm to work on over the summer. The summer heat really gets to me now. So does the cold. I find it hard to regulate my body temperature sometimes. Side effect of the chemo I guess.
    As I build up my strength and energy again, I'll be getting back to sewing. I have a few things to alter since I lost weight with treatment.
    Looking forward to being a part of this welcoming community.
    Joan

7. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Over the years we were owned by three westies. The first two had pups. Such fun. We now have a yorkie mix we rescued. She is about 18lbs. Yorkie colouring but about the size of Jack Russell.

Ok....I love talking about dogs! How old is your Yorkie? Male or female? Name? Is she friendly and loves people? We have a Yellow Lab mix rescue. We got her in 2016 when she was 10 weeks old. She was rescued from a high kill shelter in Alabama. Her name is Cooper and she is a sweetheart, all 95 pounds of her. She loves the couch and loves to sleep on beds. But we can't have her on the bed at night as she takes over the entire bed!!
    It has begun to finally warm up here. Possible 60 degrees today, but there are still signs of last week's snow storm.
    Teri