Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Happy to have found you!

And I thought that I had stumbled across all the crochet groups and communities that there were online! I see Crochettalk.com has been around for over 2 years. I'm so surprised I hadn't heard of this community. I'm always excited to meet other crochet enthusiasts.

I've been a crocheter since I was 4 years old. I started with making a finger chain out of a whole 1.5 oz skein..that wrapped around my living room at the time several times. Then I moved to thread crochet and making doilies. Funny for a little guy wanting to make doilies, but it was more that I wanted to use the tiny hooks and shiny white cotton my mom had around.
    I still enjoy thread crochet, but I love crocheting garments the most, then shawls or stoles or scarves, and then stuff like hats, and mitts etc. I have never tackled an afghan in 42 years!

My wife gets most of the things I make and my two teenage sons as well.

I enjoy analysing everything, so don't be surprised if I wax on and on about the shape of a stitch or how the different loops and strands of yarn interact and support each other. If I'm talking to a brick wall..that's okay...can't stop myself from pondering the details.

I also LOVE colour! My yarn stash is healthily stocked with odds and ends of left overs and one-off balls of yarn in different weights. I store my most colourful and cherished yarn skeins or balls in a glass cabinet in my office/studio.

I live about a 15-minute drive from Niagara Falls on the Canadian side.
    Looking forward to getting to know folks in this community.

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like
    I have crocheted a lot of doilies and now with ten granddaughters doing 18 inch doll clothes. My mom taught me at age 8 because I kept bugging her. Crocheting is for anyone who wants to do it. Do your sons want to learn?

3. Likes Charles Voth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both sons technically know how to crochet and knit, but, well, they have other interests and passions they pursue...singing, music, theatre, and dance, and girlfriends. One son just made an infinity scarf with that arm-knitting technique that's becoming all the rage.

5. Likes justplainjudy, dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great. I don't know how to knit but there was a post about knooking and I am going to look into it. It looks like something I could do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

Nice to meet you and glad you joined us! Please make yourself at home, take some time to look around, and also let us know if you need help with anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Ann View Post
    That's great. I don't know how to knit but there was a post about knooking and I am going to look into it. It looks like something I could do.
    Try it! It's lots of fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

11. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi you are a very busy man. We are glad you have joined CT, we are here any-time join in and chat. MN gal here and you just go on we might learn a thing or 2. HUGS
    Susan M J

13. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Voth View Post
    Both sons technically know how to crochet and knit, but, well, they have other interests and passions they pursue...singing, music, theatre, and dance, and girlfriends. One son just made an infinity scarf with that arm-knitting technique that's becoming all the rage.
    Hi Charles,
    what do you mean by the arm-knitting technique?
    Jean

15. Likes N/A liked this post