Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  31
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! We don't see too many male crocheters! You should bring an interesting perspective to some of our discussions. As for the waxing on, please do!

2. Likes Charles Voth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholasdaniel View Post
    You're very welcome. My daughter can crochet without a pattern and come up with beautiful creations. I'm amazed with what she crochets. She just started crocheting this past December by watching videos on her computer. I taught myself when our kids were little 40 years ago. I've crocheted some beautiful things, but I have to follow a pattern. I am in awe of people who can see in their mind's eye the colors and put a design to them. It's a rare gift. We are honored to have you as a member of Crochet Talk. I love it here. Welcome.

Judy
    Did I read this right? that your daughter just started to crochet last December and now can crochet without a pattern? I don't normally follow a pattern. I just crochet what stitch I want except sometimes I have to follow a pattern to make something. It sounds like your daughter can crochet anything without a pattern.
    Jean
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, you read that right. Hats, scarves, she even made booties. I am so jealous. She hasn't tackled sweaters or anything like that. Right out of the gate, she made hats, mittens, booties, etc., Now she is starting to design some hats. She started doing the trim on the hats and didn't realize she was doing dbl, treble, bobble, and all those complicated stitches. She even did the
    hpdc. I just conquered that this year, and I've been crocheting for over 40 years.! Stinker! I love it! It just comes easy to her!

Hugs, Judy

5. Likes N/A, Charles Voth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    Welcome! We don't see too many male crocheters! You should bring an interesting perspective to some of our discussions. As for the waxing on, please do!
    Thanks Theresa! You're right...so few males crochet, in North America at least, but I'm used to being a minority in this craft!

My dad was my biggest supporter, so it never felt like I was a misfit!

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholasdaniel View Post
    Yep, you read that right. Hats, scarves, she even made booties. I am so jealous. She hasn't tackled sweaters or anything like that. Right out of the gate, she made hats, mittens, booties, etc., Now she is starting to design some hats. She started doing the trim on the hats and didn't realize she was doing dbl, treble, bobble, and all those complicated stitches. She even did the
    hpdc. I just conquered that this year, and I've been crocheting for over 40 years.! Stinker! I love it! It just comes easy to her!

Hugs, Judy
    Hi Judy,
    What is hpdc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Charles we love having you here and you have so much to offer us gals, keep us on our toes. Let us know what your up to with
    your crocheting. Friend - Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Judy I am proud of your daughter as she takes after MOM and Grandmother?? Its a wonder of Talent in her Head and Fingers God Bless. Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry. I think I wrote that wrong. I think it is supposed to be bphdc. That or I'm having TIA's. As Faye would claim I have. I think it is Back post half double crochet. She saw bpdc and did bphdc instead. Always ad libbing. Mom crocheted. Neither Grandmother did. Her Great-Aunt did, but didn't show either of us. I learned from books since I came from the Stone Age (before computers and the Symbol Age). LOL! I have a hard time with the symbols, by the way. My husband, Dan even crocheted for a while. We're proud of all our kids and G-kids. They each have their specialty. One's is collecting rescue animals (cats and a dog) and sharing them with Dan and me. Deb just had to put one of her rescues to sleep yesterday. She ruled Deb's roost! LOL! Well, I gotta get some work done!

Hugs, Judy

12. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Judy, Yes, I believe so.. And yes, you are correct.. Back post half double... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx, TeresaH! Phew! That was hard but easy! I had to watch the video for back posts for half a week, and she gets it in a day, and then does it differently. Oh, well. Younger mind. LOL!

Hugs, Judy