Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  31
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Charles, OMG, That sweater is gorgeous.. I'm not sure though if the pattern is avail. yet.. Pls. advise.. Also I friended you on FB.. I hope you will reply.. I love your crocheted napkins also and I am very jealous of the snow you posted.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a beautiful sweater! You are extremely talented. I, for one, am honored to know you. To be featured in those magazines is an honor every crocheter or knitter dreams of. Interweave Crochet being one of them Congratulations! I can only imagine what you are going to follow up that with that sweater. I can't wait to see! Welcome to Crochet Talk. There are wonderful people on here from all over the world!

Judy

3. Likes N/A, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Charles,
    I just found this place too. I have only been here a few weeks and I love it.
    Yah. What do you mean by the arm-knitting technique?
    I have also been crocheting for a long time it has been about 51 years this yr. Started self-taught made baby sweaters for our first child (Our son). He turned 50 last Nov.
    I have been around crocheting all my life. I am the youngest of 7 and never remember my mother not crocheting until her last few yrs. She died Nov of 2012 at 98. I also self taught to knit but never heard of arm-knitting. I would love to hear about it.
    I crochet just about ant thing but I'm a sucker for baby thing especially filet baby afghans. I have 12 made about 6 different animals; squirrel, elephant, teddy bear, butterfly, and a dragonfly . I am working on a rocking horse. I will be posting as soon as I figure how too put pictures off my tablet on USB or something. They are on the tablet memory not my card. Or I will have to take them all over on my camera. teeee heeee.
    chow Charlye

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Charles That is absolutely beautiful. I think it will go over real well. I like the color too.
    Charlye (Charlie Schultz)

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Voth View Post
    Hi Susan!
    Yes I do knit as well!
    I'm knitting a sweater...cardigan with raglan sleeves. Can't post pictures yet as it's a design for a yarn company and it has to be a secret till it's "official"
    I'm also crocheting a cushion. It's a design for an Interweave Crochet magazine and I'm thrilled to have my a design published by Interweave for the first time!
    What are you stitching these days.
    I love designing. Here's a design I did last year.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...307&type=1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Judy. It's tricky to always top one's earlier designs, so I settle for being happy with what my imagine dreams up and my hands have time to render each time. I'll keep sharing in the Links and Resources area of the forums when I design something new. Thanks for your interest. Thanks for the welcome, too. CT is a very friendly place.
    Charles

8. Likes justplainjudy, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlye View Post
    Hello Charles,
    I just found this place too. I have only been here a few weeks and I love it.
    Yah. What do you mean by the arm-knitting technique?
    My friend has developed a whole website with teaching videos. (If you speak Spanish, the last video in the list is my Spanish version).

I crochet just about ant thing but I'm a sucker for baby thing especially filet baby afghans. I have 12 made about 6 different animals; squirrel, elephant, teddy bear, butterfly, and a dragonfly . I am working on a rocking horse. I will be posting as soon as I figure how too put pictures off my tablet on USB or something. They are on the tablet memory not my card. Or I will have to take them all over on my camera.
    Wow! Filet baby picture blankets! What a nice idea! Which yarn do you find makes the nicest baby blankets yet shows off the filet best?

I don't know how to use a tablet, but if you download the FLICKR app and open a FLICKR.COM account, you'll be able to upload the pictures while on a wireless and then share them here by using the FLICKR URL, at least, so I'm told.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're very welcome. My daughter can crochet without a pattern and come up with beautiful creations. I'm amazed with what she crochets. She just started crocheting this past December by watching videos on her computer. I taught myself when our kids were little 40 years ago. I've crocheted some beautiful things, but I have to follow a pattern. I am in awe of people who can see in their mind's eye the colors and put a design to them. It's a rare gift. We are honored to have you as a member of Crochet Talk. I love it here. Welcome.

Judy

11. Likes N/A, Charles Voth, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow your daught learned crochet in December and crochets NO Pattern now that incredible, Mom you are her inspiration Im sure. I think I and maybe others just dont try. I will. Keep at crocheting Daughter of Yours?

13. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. She is going to sell her crochet to earn money for tuition for her son. He got accepted to a Catholic high school, and now she has to pay to send him to the high school where his grandpa and great-uncle graduated. He tested high enough to make it in, and now he is living his dream of playing football there. But her crochet is gorgeous, and the colors are fabulous. She has a way with color. She crochets much faster than I do. I have to have each stitch just so. I have to have them each stitch perfectly the same size. Nick is the same as his mother. Creative. Smart. Can't tell I'm proud of them, can you?! LOL!

Hugs, Judy

15. Likes N/A, Charles Voth, teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Judy, I'm not sure about the group, but I was thinking if we all send a square to you for your daughter, may be she can make it an afghan and sell it for tuition for your GS.. I would be willing.. Maybe others would also be willing.. Just a thought...Hugs, Teresa