Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  91
Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara,
    What is the message we are supposed to read about spamming?

Pittsfield, Wisconsin which is 7 miles west of Green Bay
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile been a while

Thank you for keeping the spam off of this forum. I haven't posted in a very long time but have been reading the newsletter everyday. I am still shy about using the site as I'm not familiar with all the workings. I really enjoy all the knowledge and wisdom of all you fine people. I have learned a lot from you all, thank you. I love crocheting and have been working on several different items (i.e. dishcloths, slippers. just started doll clothes for American Girl doll and taking an interest in doilies. Just not enough time in a day.

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like the spam mail that I get in my yahoo mail.It is so rediculas some of the things that they try to get you to buy and oh my Lord, it is so embarrassing! First time I got a certain type of spam in my mail I thought that my eyes were going to pop out of my head. I know I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. lol. What a world we live in today. I wish there was a way that you could fix it to where it wouldn't even come in your spam mail either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa it sounds like you have a lot of spyware and phishers, [ I know i'm not spelling these right] they will mess up your computer really bad. You need a good virus protection and scan your computer for virus.If you have some really bad stuff your best bet would be is to backup all your music videos, etc. Anything that you can't redownload like your pictures and do a factory restore on the computer. I have had to do that a couple of times. Best way to do a backup is get an external hard drive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Barbara,
    What is the message we are supposed to read about spamming?
    Jean Marie, at first I didn't see the spam message either, but I believe if you look down at the lowerr corner of the screen you will see there are page numbers ...mine is up to 9 pages now. Click on the page numbers until you go back to page number one and there is an original message about spamming from Barbara. I THINK that is the message she is referring to...It is old but to the point. (Barbara, correct me if I am wrong if you see this) I just now read all 9 pages and they are good reading. redhead/Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Jean Marie, at first I didn't see the spam message either, but I believe if you look down at the lowerr corner of the screen you will see there are page numbers ...mine is up to 9 pages now. Click on the page numbers until you go back to page number one and there is an original message about spamming from Barbara. I THINK that is the message she is referring to...It is old but to the point. (Barbara, correct me if I am wrong if you see this) I just now read all 9 pages and they are good reading. redhead/Patty
    Hi Patty,
    There are page numbers on the bottom right hand side/corner but they are for the pages of the post you are on. If you click a number it goes to that page of the post not the post about spamming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, I dont know what to tell you....That is the way I found it. Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    My apologies for the spam posts on the forums this morning. All members have been banned. For some reason, they were able to all post links to the live streams of football without the system moderating them. I have also sent a message to the admin to let him know.

Thanks for your patience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    My apologies for the spam posts on the forums this morning. All members have been banned. For some reason, they were able to all post links to the live streams of football without the system moderating them. I have also sent a message to the admin to let him know.

Thanks for your patience!
    What? All members have been banned from crochet talk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    What? All members have been banned from crochet talk?
    Members who are joining and posting spam links to the live stream football games - these are the ones being banned. And, the admin has been notified of somehow they are being able to post links without the system moderating their posts.

If all members were banned, no one would be able to log into the forums. Hope that helps to explain.