Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  91
Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link...I will save it and have my hubby check it out.....

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for keeping this site peaceful!!

4. Likes Barbara G., Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi,

I was just about to ask if it was okay to post specials that I have received by email - and then I saw this! If I know of a free shipping deal or such, is it okay to post that? I know many people are probably being bombarded with sale emails and I don't want to add to that - but some of these specials are just great and seem like they might help some folks out.

Thanks! Tammy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Here is a link to the free AVG where you can also read more info: AVG Free | Antivirus | Free Virus Protection
    I was first given the free version by our IT guy at work - I now use it at home and love it. I've had the free version for about 6 years.

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tammyc77 View Post
    Hi Barbi,

I was just about to ask if it was okay to post specials that I have received by email - and then I saw this! If I know of a free shipping deal or such, is it okay to post that? I know many people are probably being bombarded with sale emails and I don't want to add to that - but some of these specials are just great and seem like they might help some folks out.

Thanks! Tammy
    You are more than welcome to post crochet/knitting related specials that you have access to. Does this answer your question? If you are ever unsure, you can send me a message, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are an active member on site participating in the forums, this is a little different. We know then that you are not here only to spread spam. If you know that we have alot of crafters on site that do other crafts and you want to occasionally share info in the general chat about other crafts, then that is okay as well. Just let me know if you are not sure about something! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Phew!!! I had just posted a free knook from Leisure Arts and got really nervous - I haven't been here long - but everyone here is so NICE. I am so glad I joined this group. Thanks!

11. Likes Barbara G., Anaisa, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just asking myself the same thing. Thanks Anaisa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Barbara. Does this mean That I can't mention the Prayer shawl Ministry in my posts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kayemory View Post
    Thanks, Barbara. Does this mean That I can't mention the Prayer shawl Ministry in my posts?
    You are fine to mention things related to crocheting and knitting. Here is a spamming example:

"Joleta joins the forums. She does not post in the forums about crocheting or related topics. She is here only to post info about her ABC business which is not related to crocheting or knitting at all. She posts business info to try to get people to visit and buy from her site. She may even try to private message people with the sole purpose of gaining a competitive edge."

Spamming can also include posting in the forums messages that are irritating for the sole purposes of playing games. It can be the same message over and over that usually does not make much sense.

You are free to be a member of the forums and talk crochet as well as knitting. You can even post general things in the General Chit Chat that is not related to the art as long as you are doing so for the right purpose. Hope this helps you and don't hesitate to ask more questions.

We are glad you are here and look forward to hearing more about your crocheting and knitting experiences!

15. Likes N/A, Kathy B. liked this post