Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  91
Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spamming can also be posting the same message over and over again, even though it is a little different. It becomes bothersome in the forums and takes away from the "good feeling of community within the forum."

Usually, spam will be posting for advertisements and the person signing up will not be there for the purpose of being a real "member" of the group. Hope this helps in understanding!

2. Likes cindylemon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just yesterday when I opened may mail and click on this site a new friend request came up, being new I click on it and some kind of Hot-Girl's or Meet Hot Girls came up. I failed to get the name but I have not gotten any other mail of that type as of yet on my regular account.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cindylemon, that's awful...I am having a hard time just navigating in cyber world and my computer acts up and I don't know why and then my hubby says and what have YOU been doing....and to get a site like that pop up from a crochet site would be awful....lets keep this post a running; thanks Barbara!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I figured it was after I realized I was not logged into your site.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for all you do and will be aware

Banning Members for Spamming

7. Likes Anaisa, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cindylemon View Post
    Just yesterday when I opened may mail and click on this site a new friend request came up, being new I click on it and some kind of Hot-Girl's or Meet Hot Girls came up. I failed to get the name but I have not gotten any other mail of that type as of yet on my regular account.
    Did you have a friend request here on Crochet Talk that did that, or in your email? I have not had any problems with accepting friend requests and the administrator keeps everything updated on site with upgrades and all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok - I just reread and saw that you were not logged into the site. Sometimes people get "pinged" which is where their computer gets randomly hit by advertisements, or other stuff. I have AVG professional and have used it for years. I once in a while will have a ping that gets blocked from AVG. They also have a free version as well - I have used it for over 10 years with no problems at all.

10. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    TallGirl, I just love all the little pictures with notes that you post. They are darling.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    What is AGV? My computer isn't doing so well....maybe it's me, I dunno....lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a link to the free AVG where you can also read more info: AVG Free | Antivirus | Free Virus Protection