Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    MsbHaven how do you go about your weekly Menu?? Sounds simple but Im interested. I need to do this. Hubby wants to eat out at 1 of 2 Cafes near us Breakfast & dinner 1-2 nights and lunch 1-2 days. $$$$$$$$$$I think of first and second wasting Food I pay for. Larry (89 yr old) said tonight he doesnt like me going to the trouble of cooking etc. I toss food & I cry as I think I could have fed an Army?? Wasteful and its driving me to guilt anxiety. I felt so bad for him as he confessed his not wanting me to cook etc, I tried to tell him NO Problem I love to cook etc. We'll see. I need to start a Weekly planner and save 1 night out?? Sorry for SHORT STORY hehehe. Thanks Friend Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan my husband and I sit down On sundays and discuss what we would like to have we usually do a 2 week menu.

THe menu is only for what to buy not the day to make it. there are times where we have a menu that is set in stone because there are time constraints. but most times, its this is what we are going to cook tonight and tomorrow.

We dont eat out a lot so when we do I know a day or 2 ahead of time so I know not to start preping if I need to in the morning (I have a few meals that have to be started in the AM )
    there was one time when my hubby decided that he wanted to go to dinner and I had all ready preped some of the dinner for that night we went to dinner and I came home and cooked. Because I had too cook or toss it. we ate left overs the next night.

The kids sometime throw a wrench into it but not bad enough we can't run to the store and buy a bit more food or add something to the meal to feed them too. I find it hard to cook for 2 so Hubby and I eat left overs for lunch.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

3. Likes amanda, N/A liked this post