Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm Soooooo confused!!!!!!!!!!!

As some of you know I have been working (off and on) on my family tree I come from 2 very large families my mom was one of 15 and my dad was one of 12. I have gone as far as I can on my dads side to 1784 Tazwell Va

on my moms Side I have trace the family over 3 countries the US, Russia, and Germany ( I have not even began to add all the family members that I know about in my moms family tree. I only have about 1/4 of my cousins done I have all my uncles and aunts. but as I was adding names to the family going back to Russia I got sooooooooo confused. I had to make a phone call to help me un-confuse myself.

I have always know that my great grandparents on my grandfathers side were 3rd cousins and that they both had the same last name. my confusion started with their fathers Johannes and yep Johannes no wonder I could only remember one name for my great great grandfather. My Uncle cleared it up for me when he said the 2 johannes we called red Johannes and Johannes don't ask me which one is which though that i am still confused about.

But that was only the beginning of my confusion when I got to where they were actually related was when it became totally confusing
    Franz Peter was Married to Anna Maria M
    thier son Andreas was married to Anna Maria D
    and their son Johannes was married to yep Anna Maria D
    his brother Franz was married to yep another Anna Maria R
    by the way just to throw this in the mix Johannes and Franz had a sister yep you got it Anna Maria B just in case you were worries there is another sister name Maria Anna
    Thank goodness Franz and Anna Maria R son
    Franz married Eva Von Feldt
    but their son OH NO another Johannes married wait for it can you guess YES!!! another Anna Maria oh no!!! is OMG!! von feldt

now lets see if I can figure this out Johannes and Anna Maria Von Feldt are my Great great grandparents

now on my Great grandmothers side other then a few Johannes there is a Catherina, a Catharina, and a Catherine this is was a little less confusing.

I am just plain scared to work on my maternal grandmothers family

lol I think I will go back to adding my cousins for a while there are only about 30 more to add then their spouses before I have to start adding their kids and if I hurry no babies will be born before I get done.

wait does anyone remember my name lol
    Last edited by MsBhaven; 10-28-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

2. Likes amanda, kitty jean, dlj326, mflyman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You have done a lot of work tracing your family. I have started looking into my family tree, but I am already hitting roadblocks. Seeing how far you have gotten, has given my renewed interest in my family tree.
    Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Hay You I think or was it Mis B haven ???

5. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that I have had a semi good nights sleep it is a little clearer to me not much but i thought I would add this Andreas and Anna Maria D are my 5th Great grand parents on my great grandfathers side and they are my 6th great grandparents on my great grandmothers side

now i think i will go back to total confusion again

7. Likes amanda, N/A, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    One day I will take the time to do what you are doing! I think it would be so interesting! Take a breath and work on a little at a time if you need to!

9. Likes amanda, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MsBhaven, OMG! Thank you for a chuckle this morning. I hope that does not sound mean as I do not mean it be. My S-I-L is the historian in our family. She has traced the family back into England, and other areas of the UK. Due to her diligent research, We have met up with family members that we never knew excisted. Her, "Oh No" areas came into play with the divirces, remarriages, and mixed marriage family issues. The hardest one was one she thought was a remarry of a couple 4 times, only to find that the gentleman in questio, Yep you got it, married four different women with the same names. How he ever came across them will never be known, but it sure gave her a very big headache!

11. Likes amanda, N/A, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kitty by no means did I take your chuckling as mean. I am still giggling myself. Since this is a BIG Volga German Catholic family. My thoughts go to a Sunday after church family gathering and how on earth did they keep all those Anna Maria"s straight from what I can see there would have been 4 Anna Maria's and the Maria Anna all and alive and living in the same area at the same time. I am unsure if the eldest Anna Maria was living after the marriages of her grandsons.

It reminds me of our own family gatherings and the name Robert. I have an Uncle Robert (biological) an Uncle Robert married into the family and 3 cousins named Robert to keep them straight it was uncle Robert uncle Bob Robert Bobby and Robbie.

not that anyone asked but when my grandmother passed away in 2001 she had 15 children, 12 sons and daughter in laws, 51 grandchildren, 20 grand children in laws, 30 great grands, 1 great grand son in law and 2 great great grands a total of 131 of which 95 were direct descendants.

Our family totals all in all from grandma and grandpa down 175 and I might be short on that number, I believe I an missing a few marriages and a few great grandchildren its hard to keep up with all of them.

13. Likes N/A, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think of doing that as my son has and since we are related to Whistlers Mother Painting Artist we have gone a little ways. MsBhaven you have done a lot and with all I read your lucky to get this far. Husbands is small & boring except I alwasys wanted to go to Copenhagen and his Mom & Dad came from there so we looked into it with his aunt & nephews etc have helped, have old pictures (pricless to us. Best of luck to ALL who do this. HUGS

Post Thanks / Like
    Kitty after thinking about your family issue of the multiple marriages. I have to say maybe the man was just plain smart, at least by marrying women with the same name he would not get in trouble for calling her by the wrong name lol

16. Likes amanda, N/A, kitty jean liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MsBhaven, OMG! I never thought of it quite in that way! Oh My! What a hoot! You are so right!