Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

What were you doing 50 years ago?

It has been 50 years since JFK was shot. 50 years. It does not seem possible. I was a sophomore in high school and we were in the auditorium having an assembly about wild animals and they announced the news. The thing I remember the most was I had worn by mother's Camp Fire ring to school that day and it dropped on the floor in the auditorium. I never found it and felt really bad about that. Strange what we remember. Shirley

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    50 yrs ago WOW ?? I know I was watching T.V with my son (3 yrs ) and news FLASH came on about the horrifing shooting. I sat and cried. Getting ready to move to where I live now . Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan: We probably won't ever forget that day, just like 9/11. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh God NO Hubby and I were watching the NEWS and FLASH EMERGENCY came and it was un-speakable.......God Where we
    sorry It how I felt thenre YOU?

Post Thanks / Like
    I had just moved to Houston TX from Oklahoma with my 1-year old son. I was fleeing an abusive marriage and left everything in Oklahoma, even my car. My baby and I traveled there on a Greyhound bus. I was in a taxicab on my way to see about a job when it came on the radio. The cab driver pulled over to the curb and we listened to the news in shock and sadness.

PS I got the job, but eventually came back to Oklahoma and met the love of my life and married him. We've been together for 48 years!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im so glad you and son were OK you have a tough hide my dear..to do that is so brave and the love you have for your child. Met and married 48 yrs WONDERFUL. GOD BLESS YOU ! That was a horrible Day..we wont forget as you wont on your Right Move & NEW Husband

9. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was not born yet. But I know what my mom was doing she was waitress and was cleaning off a table when they got the news and she dropped the dishes on the floor
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I was doing laundry at home with my three children in rural North Carolina. I had no TV and didn't find out about the assasination until that evening. I didn't believe it and thought the person who told me was pulling my leg, and in very poor taste, too!

Post Thanks / Like
    November 22, 1963 was memorable to me too. I was15. My friend at school had introduced me to her older brother. He ask me for a date. I had never been out with a boy yet. He said that Friday, the 22nd was going to be his 17th birthday. It took some persuasion but I was allowed to go. Seven years later we married and were married for 35 wonderful years until he unexpectedly died on April 4, 2006. Ironic, but my father had passed away on April 4th 30 years earlier. So two dates I remember are are November 22 and April 4.
    Pam
    p.s. we never had children - it was always just the two of us. At his funeral our priest said we were like ham and eggs - you didn't think of one without the other. I miss him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pam: What an awesome story! I am so happy that you had 35 years together! So many memories! It is amazing how life is, isn't it? We were married on my parents 25th anniversary. My father passed the January before their 50th anniversary. We all had a family reunion at the Oregon Coast for our 25th and their 50th and I made a large photo collage which Mom hung in the living room for years. What I remember the most, Pam, was that 19 of us came down with norovirus courtesy of my youngest sis!!!!