Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Need more prayers

Today was a disaster, the Nursing home was suppose to teach him to sit up, but they didn't, he is like dead weight. They never did anything to get him ready to come home. If the new therapist isn't better than the one at the nursing home, he will have to go back to a nursing home, they let him gain to much weight and there is no way I can get him out of bed and into a chair..
    I am ready to cry, he was so happy to be home he cried, and it will kill me to have to put him back in a nursing home. Keep praying for him. Right now I have a lot of help but I can't afford it for very long. They charge $120 a day and they are great help. I will only have enough money for maybe 6 months and then I will be broke.
    I really need your prayers.
    Meerkat

2. Likes caroltheteach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Meerkat, I was having so much trouble helping George get in and out of the tub, the lady that is the secretary here at the court told my daughter to get in tough with a hospice. She called them and they come write out a report for the doctor each week and they come by and give him a bath[shower] twice a week. They want to know if I need any thing. They will run after meds if we need them, they bring him [man] diapers and dry skin lotion and just about anything we need. we aren't paying anything for this. This one is called 'Odyssey Hospice" The card says they are a "Gentiva" company. I knew I couldn't handle him on my on and he fell twice. These people giving him the showers and dressing him on the 2 days are a Godsend for him and me. Like one of the ladies that comes once a month to check up on him said, "'Hospices aren't just for the dying, They help the living, too Huggs, Margaret

4. Likes amanda, N/A, Joyannerose, caroltheteach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Janice, your husband is like my hubby was when he first came home. You need a hoyer! It is a sling that you put under him and attach to the lift machine and you can mechanically move your husband to his chair. Goggle hoyer lift to see how it operates. It will make a huge difference in both of your lives! The nursing facility ordered all this equipment prescribed by the doctor before my husband came home.

In time, I pray that your hubby gains strength like my hubby did. For now, a hoyer would solve your problem. Please PM me if I can help you in any way. I understand your situation and want to encourage and offer any information to you that I can.(((Hugs)))~Beverly~
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 07-23-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

6. Likes rosieh20, caroltheteach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes hon Beverly is Right about Hoyer Lift..I was cna back in the day..they work like a charm..you can even get him in and out of tub or shower with them..leaving them on because most are made with canvas just for that reason..a trained therapist can show you how to use one..they are easy if your hubby can roll from side to side. Good luck and I will keep praying also..wish I could do more ..hugs hon..Anne

8. Likes caroltheteach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My prayers are with you. You have some wonderful ideas here, praying that you will be able to find a solution! Huggss

Post Thanks / Like
    Praying for you and all involved in this for yawl!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have you in my prayers
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with everyone else. The Hoyer lift will help tremendously. Talk to your doctor, perhaps, depending on the insurance coverage you have, he may be eligible for more in-house care. Would he be a candidate for physical therapy through them also? My heart goes out to you. My mom was in rehab in a nursing home for the 20 days that Medicare pays and they were not conducive to her particular situation. She didn't get back to normal until she went back into the Alzheimer's unit at the assisted living facility where she resided so I can understand the heartache and frustration you are experiencing right now. Not quite the same situation but similar in feelings and I hope I haven't offended you.

If there is a social worker available, perhaps that could open up more avenues for assistance.

My prayers are with you and your husband.

LI Roe

13. Likes N/A, MeerKat, caroltheteach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Janice I am so angry for you and God Better start listening real good !! I thought he would cry and thats a hard one to think he may need to go back to a Different Home. Your daughter is still there so take & enjoy her usefulness. I wanted to say before but felt I am butting in..... several said it about where to make contact for help THANK YOU for speaking up gals. Janice please TAKE CARE OF U !
    I think you should listen and to advice for HELP & Finacial too. LOVE YOU & ((HUGS)) SUSAM M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Janice there are all kinds of assistance devices to make him living at home more comfortable. There should be a social worker at the nursing home that should have looked into all these possibilities. Also there are a lot of agencies that will help for free. Have your daughter look online for more places and services. Good luck Hon and if he has to go back into a nursing home make sure it is in TN. hugs