Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

I may Not Be On Too Much For Awhile

My husband will be home tomorrow from the nursing home. I know it is going to be hectic around here with nurses coming in and therepist coming in. I also have to have a lady come in twice a day to get him dress and and up in his chair, then she is coming in the evening and get him ready for bed.
    I am going to try and get onlin as much as I can. But know it won't be to much at first.
    I will be so glad to get him out of that dump.

Post Thanks / Like
    MeerKat sending you Best Wishes! Take care of yourself too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Our thoughts and prayers will be with you as your husband comes home. It may take a while for adjustment and it will be hectic but it eventually it will be better. Just remember to take care of yourself, if it starts to get overwhelming, try and take a deep breath and walk away for a few minutes. I learned a lot from support group meetings when my mom was in an Alzheimer's wing in an assisted living facility. Even though she passed away on Oct. 31, 2012, I still use those principles now.

Thinking of all of you.

LI Roe

4. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Meerkat, we understand and we have prayed so hard for him to come home that we are all excited for you and him. If you get the chance to say HI that is good but if not we understand. Good luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Meerkat: Just know that we are wishing you the best during this transition; I am glad you are having help. Take time to rest while the helpers are there taking care of Tom. I am so glad he will be home with you. More hugs, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto on what everyone has said here! Take care of U so you can oversee care for him. Excited for u too!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Gottcha in my thoughts and prayers ...till later hugs (((((((((Janice)))))))))))♥♥

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone, I am going to need all your prayers. Especially now,I'll be glad when he gets home and things settle down. Right now everything is so hectic with the last minute things. Marina won't be in until late this evening. My biggest problem right now is figuring out how to get him to the doctor. There isn't any kind of medical transportation where we live like a lot of places have we live in a rural community and they haven't caught up with the modern convenientsies. And the neighbors around here are not a bit friendly.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Friend....MeerKat I was thinking of you and your Husband last night. You will need some one said Take a Breathe and walk away
    to get thoughts under controll, leave the room when they come AFTER you check out how good they treat him of course. You know
    we are here. Whine or ask, talk what ever you need. LOVE & PRAYERS Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Thanks everyone, I am going to need all your prayers. Especially now,I'll be glad when he gets home and things settle down. Right now everything is so hectic with the last minute things. Marina won't be in until late this evening. My biggest problem right now is figuring out how to get him to the doctor. There isn't any kind of medical transportation where we live like a lot of places have we live in a rural community and they haven't caught up with the modern convenientsies. And the neighbors around here are not a bit friendly.
    I know you've got a lot going on, and I will be thinking of you - all positive thoughts.

I'm not especially a religious person, and in fact, do not attend church. However, I appreciate all the good that churches do for people. Could you contact some of the churches in your area and ask if they have any type of senior outreach, or volunteer program that could help you with transportation for the doctors visits?
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

12. Likes N/A liked this post