Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Earth is losing its magnetic field fast.

Yup ladies it's true. Scientists have been taking readings and the earth is losing its protective magnetic field. They say that were on the verge of a polarity shift. The poles are going to move. Of course in about 1000 years or so, lol. But who knows science isnt always exact like a volcano it could happen any time. The thing is they theorize that when the field does collapse, there will be a weak field with possibly 8 poles for a while and we wont have very much protection from the solar winds for a good long while till the pole re-stabalize again. Hmm... the only thing is none of us will see the world wide northern lights. The world will definitely be a different place. Kinda scary yet wondrous at the same time.

2. Likes rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Removed post 'cause I should have kept my mouth shut- or fingers still or something.
    Last edited by Magnolia Blossom; 07-12-2013 at 03:56 PM.

4. Likes Carynjoyb, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Umm... I apologize if you didn't like my post. But it is the general chat room where we talk about anything our heart's desire. And It's not bad news. We're not gonna die or anything. It's interesting science.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are right. It is the general chit chat room and you have every right to say what you please. I apologize. I should not have said any thing. Just seemed negative to me. Sorry.

7. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes it is crochetsoup, not to mention that perhaps it isn't science, but history repeating itself? But then again, isn't science pretty much the unproven? Geeze, I remember man walking on the moon was scientific thought process; well we have gone beyond that.
    Anyway, back to history repeating itself, with the Ice age and all, which we have proven we have gone thru, the only thing is that mankind is making it move faster.....ummm, but perhaps we did so, back in time past (only said because I couldn't spell millilium, and spelled it so bad that spell check couldn't get me straighten out!)?? Men in space?? ha, perhaps they are our ancestors that have evolved to fit their new environment??

Post Thanks / Like
    There are still people on this planet that think the moon landing was a movie! My father is deceased but he died saying that it never happened.

10. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just not going to go there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochetsoup,in terms I can understand what would this mean for my existence if it happened say next Tuesday? I am not being funny- I'd really like a serious answer. I like learning new things. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well there would be minor inconveniences, such as the animals would have to adapt due to the fact that some animals use the earth's magnetic field to navigate around the world. Some of our technology is dependent on the magnetic poles such as compasses. All our technology we use toke measurements would have to be re calibrated. You would get twice the amount of solar exposure in certain areas of the earth due to the fact that there would be many poles. At the North and south pole we get more solar winds than the rest of the earth because the magnetic field bounces it away. But at the poles there's less protection. So all in all some tech stuff messed up, animals all confused, people will have to be more conscious of the sun. And When the sun reaches the the solar cycles where it shoots solar material at us I'm sure we would make shelters in the ground to hide like a tornado shelter. But it's nothing we can't handle I don't think.

There's video's on youtube, just look up Earth losing magnetic field. Or Earth's Pole changing. It's super interesting. I have a college degree in science so I eat this stuff for breakfast.
    Last edited by crochetsoup; 07-13-2013 at 05:00 PM.

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just googled it myself and found it very interesting. If. I remember right, this has happened, what, approx 350,000 years ago, or was that how often it cycles. History repeating. Gonna check into it more after a bit of sleep. Not the time to absorb anything scientific, when you are halfasleep.