Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  26
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree totally with Faye, Meerkat and Anne, I am getting old, I will not be around when all this stuff is supposed to happen; somehow we made it this far and we I are OK. I prefer to take pleasure in the time I have, and not worry about what might be. I live a pretty simple life, I take care of the dogs, I read and I crochet; I enjoy my yard and the fact that the sun comes up every day and I can sleep at night. I just finished a book about Auschwitz and if we want to know how truly fortunate we are, read about that and thank God every day we did not have to endure what those people did. Shirley

2. Likes MeerKat, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, don't really think there is too much worry here. But life is soooo interesting!!! And love to learn. About the future as well as the past. Why heck, that is how we are able to sit here and toss around ideas.
    And you are sooo right about Auschwitz, I have visited there, and the memory will be with me forever. We are very fortunate, but we don't have to even look in the past to realize this, all I do is pick up the paper. Now, this is getting depressing because it's effect is today. So not going to dwell on it. We can not change the now much better than we can change the past. All we can do is try and better ourselves and future generations.

Hugggss from Rose

Post Thanks / Like
    I so agree Rose. We just do the best we can with what we have, be kind to others and realize that life is short. Shirley

5. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For this reason..I don't litter..I do recycle..and don't use aerosol anything, I may not care about rats cell structure but I do give a rat's patoot about leaving the earth at least some what intact for future of everyone else. I hate to see strip mining..and pollution that goes on..and try not to add to it. I stop and smell the roses..and enjoy the life I have and not try to be or become some one I am not...I do live also a very simple life..no fox fur coats..no limo's ..not shanty on a hill for me..just two feet on the floor and blue sky over me. But as far as gravity goes..I am heavy enough to stick ..lol

7. Likes rosieh20, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So nice to hear from you Anne. I hope you are doing OK. I feel the same way too. You know, people around here figure out their cruises, Hawaii trips, and whatever and I am just so happy to sit in my backyard and relax. Shirley

9. Likes me2la liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Give me my recliner, some yarn or thread, a good light and a crochet hook and I am happy!

11. Likes me2la liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to save enough money to buy a farm in South America I just wanna relax and be with nature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that sounds good! May your wish come true, and eith lots of wprk, i am sure it will... best ofluck!

14. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy Anne, isn't that the truth. Me too. Hope you are able to relax a bit. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crochetsoup;92361]I'm trying to save enough money to buy a farm in South America :) I just wanna relax and be with nature.[/QUOTE]

And I am considering moving to a Caribbean island (but an American territory so when I turn 65, there will be Medicare doctors). I have a card that I bought and saved for nearly 40 years that says "Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly". We all need a dream.

And the scientific stuff that may happen is interesting. When I think how far technology and science has come, it is mind boggling. Who would have ever thought that we can be corresponding and meeting new people through a computer all over the world??

LI Roe

17. Likes N/A, rosieh20 liked this post