Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not too good at science but can it be compared to global warming and the effect that is supposed to be having? I am going to have to google it myself too and see what it is all about but just like rosieh20, after a good nights sleep tonight.

Inquiring mind wants to know, LOL.

LI Roe

2. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes its on the same scale as global warming. They take a long time building up to a climax. When the climax hits, everything changes. The climax of global warming is an immediate ice age after it. The planet heats up for thousands of years even tens of thousands then comes an ice age. Lately about every 10 thousand years. But Man is pushing that one hard so what takes 3000 years cause were in the 7000 year since the last ice age; we are doing in about 300 years. As far as the Magnetic field being lost. Same scale, but man can't push that one faster. The magnetic field is ruled by the core of the earth and we simply cannot get there to mess it up. "YET" lol. But The magnetic field holds it self for hundreds of thousands of years then in a short period of about 10 thousand years or even less is losses its potential VERY fast and eventually it will flip poles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we won't be around for that. It is the natural order of things. South pole becomes the north, etc. Weather patterns have been changing for years. Natural disasters have changed quite a lot of things as well. We as humans have also changed the natural order of things here on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by crochetsoup View Post
    Yup ladies it's true. Scientists have been taking readings and the earth is losing its protective magnetic field. They say that were on the verge of a polarity shift. The poles are going to move. Of course in about 1000 years or so, lol. But who knows science isnt always exact like a volcano it could happen any time. The thing is they theorize that when the field does collapse, there will be a weak field with possibly 8 poles for a while and we wont have very much protection from the solar winds for a good long while till the pole re-stabalize again. Hmm... the only thing is none of us will see the world wide northern lights. The world will definitely be a different place. Kinda scary yet wondrous at the same time.

5. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't work up much energy for something that is going to maybe happen in a few thousand years. I do enjoy reading your perception of these events. I think you are a gifted writer and I enjoy reading your posts.

7. Likes Carynjoyb, MeerKat, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah faye, I agree with you. I have enough stuff happening now, without worrying what is going to happen 10,000 years from, now. God is in control of that, not science.
    Last edited by MeerKat; 07-15-2013 at 04:11 PM.

9. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is cool beans to me but science give me a headache..history is ok..but I will stick to my crocheting I have to use math (counting) for that and I am pretty good with math..lol

11. Likes Carynjoyb, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, but I disagree there, history is very exciting to read about. And the future is what we live for. So, to me it is very exciting, not to mention very interesting also. It is what we are living for. God is in control of the future, per say, but he also gave us free will, which is what, and how, can change the future. And it is THIS that keeps us going. That keeps wondering minds to learn and better (or at times worsen) our lives. I bet, that thousands of years ago, our ancestors were not only thinking of themselves. But of their children, and future generations. And it was God that gave them that desire, to live for the future. Perhaps the thought process wasn't 10,000 years in the future. But what is time??

Like Jim, he knows that his life is short now. But everything he is doing, is not for now, he is thinking of only his grandchildren, and down the line, that they will enjoy the trees and every improvement that he is doing. It isn't for him, but it is for the FUTURE. Perhaps now, 10,000 years down the road, who knows what and how science will change, but, he wants to preserve history, or the now. And 10,000 years down the road, perhaps we will have gone full circle. Perhaps, a seed of something that we preserved, will enhance the lives of someone else. And unless we destroy ourselves. In body and soul. I truly believe what we do now, will influence tomorrow, even if it is 10,000 years from now. What is time? A man made "science"

Hugggsss from Rose

lol, sorry Anne, I believe also that Math is part of Science!! And this is something from someone who IS NOT scientific

13. Likes Carynjoyb, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love science. I learn as much as possible. My dream is to be a farmer. Understanding the world allows us to adapt and deal with anything life throws at us. I believe in god also. But i also think we are the care takers of the world. So we should learn how it work. And even though some events take 10,000 years to happen; some such as global warming are happening right now. Sea levels could rise 3feet if those ice caps melt and science is whats keeping an eye on it. In the next couple years. we as a race will decide the fate of our world. and wr will all be here to see it.

15. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL yep your are right there rose..math is part of science. They do walk hand in hand. I don't mind learning like say life cycles of plants and lakes and such, and do enjoy parts of science. But when it comes to trying to figure out what causes say color change of a certain ore or cell structure of a rat..well that is where I lose it. The technicality of it all leaves me behind. I like history and learning about things in our past. I enjoy seeing what people lived like and how they developed over the years. I also enjoy seeing the differences between what earth looked like pre civilazation and now ..also how towns and cities looked. Politics leave me speechless..I hate politics and avoid them at all cost. But it is like old cars..I do love them and love to see the changes made by man and how designs change. Even with crocheting now verses vintage things..it amazes me. I agee that we all should preserve some of "ourselves" now for the future, giving future generations a bit of our history and leaving this earth a better place if we can.

17. Likes Carynjoyb, rosieh20, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL you said cell structure of a rat. HAHA!!!