Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

lol ok this may not work out at all for yard sell lol

As most of you know my hubby likes to steal the animals that I make and put them in his zoo. I have managed to tell him that some of them are off limits and they are going to the yard sale. I started making a few other things like some very cute bracelets the problem is as of yesterday my stepdaughter moved in with us until school starts back up guess what trait she got from her daddy. lol I love having her around cuz she is 19 and she can tell me what the young girls will like and if she goes crazy over it I know I am on the right path however that first braclet went poof pretty darn fast.
    ps i can't spell sale
    Last edited by MsBhaven; 07-01-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

2. Likes missro007, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol..I am glad I am not the only one that happens too..my head bands I was making..GONE..mostly by my dd..Everything seems to want to have a home..lol..I am now trying to hide my finished stuff..lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Try hiding items with cleaning supplies or dirty laundry-bet they "won't get found"! lol

5. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    MsBhaven, I TOLD you to hide the things for the yard sale!! I must have been psychic and I knew someone else was going to have light fingers around our yard sale items. Funny that you mention having trouble with spelling sale. I like to use the best grammar I can and I have to think before I use the word sale instead of sell. The word sale is for a price reduction or an event and sell is the act of a sale. So I sit here and have to think which one to use. I haven't figured out the sit and set and sat yet and the lay and lie doesn't seem to have stuck either. Any easy tips to remember the proper use for those?

7. Likes N/A, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol I was not planning on a grammar lesson but ok here goes
    I actually have these down pat lay and lie present tense lay requires a direct object and lie doesn't you lie on a couch but you lay books on a couch. ok so past tense your are on your own the past tense of lie is lay and the past tense of lay is laid (if you like eric clapton "lay down Sally" it grammically incorrect or bob dylans "lay lady lay" also grammatically incorrect) I like them both and will not hold it against them. lol

sit and set are on the same lines you or your dog/cat sit but you set an object for instance I set the table or I set the leash on the table
    and sat is the past tense of sit I will sit in the chair but yesterday I sat in the chair.

lol I am NOT and ENGLISH TEACHER lol anyone one need math lessons I am better at math

disclaimer: just because I know the difference between these words does not mean I will use them correctly when typing or speaking lol
    Last edited by MsBhaven; 07-02-2013 at 06:07 PM.

9. Likes N/A, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now if you could just spread the word. I'm always surprised when I hear the lay/lie error on TV and not just the Hollywood writers, but newscasters. I've even heard doctors use the words incorrectly. "Now Mrs. B. just lay down on the table". I bite my tongue, but I believe this was covered in high school English.
    OK, that's my rant for the evening. I will hush my mouth.

11. Likes Kathy B., MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad that there are smarter people than me on here. I knew that I would get help when I asked for it. I love that someone has the answer to any question asked on here. It might take a while but someone will come along and help. Now to the point of the post. MsBhaven, what about those light fingered people around your house??? Don't you think you need to get that box in the mail before there isn't anything to put in a box??? LOL Tell your husband that I want a donation from his zoo!! He needs to donate too!!

13. Likes N/A, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    He said no way he is not donating anything from his zoo he has named them all his donation is that he is not asking for another animal until july 15 Step daughter says if i didn't make things that were so cute she would not steal them. I compromised with both of them today and said if they behave i will crochet each of them something special after the 15th

15. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol I am messing with faye You can set your dog on the table and the dog can sit on the table lol

17. Likes Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very good, I'm practicing on sitting my dogs outside until they get this potty training thing down and I can set my mind at ease. Well did I do it right? Bless his heart he hasn't had a new member of the zoo in what 2 weeks?? Can't wait to see what you send!!

19. Likes Kathy B. liked this post