Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  36
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    have them overnighted
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

2. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I had someone to come mow, but he isn't reliable at all I pay him $60 to mow and trim, he very seldom trims and shows up when he feels like it. Other than that it is just me.
    No, I am boarding it up and will come down and clean things out a little at a time. Then put it on the market. Houses aren't selling to good right now anyway.
    I have to wait for Marina's, my daughter, husband to get some time off from work.

4. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I can not wait this long!! You are teasing me with the thought that I might meet you before our meeting. I will keep praying for you and for me too as I might have a close friend close!! lol

6. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, where I was beginning to think it was a pipe dream. I just hope that light isn't just a light from an oncoming train.

Post Thanks / Like
    HAHA Meerkat: Wish I was closer to you and hubby and I could definitely get you there. When we moved my aunt, we went on Sat. and by Sunday PM she was in the assisted living facility. I did a lot of prior planning and organizing etc. with the asst living home. She had stopped getting groceries, and one day drove her car into the garage door. We knew then it was time to take the car away and help her live more easily. But it is such a hard thing to do. Will you have your own home in TN, or live with daughter? Will husband be in nursing home or at home with you?

I called a fellow to help me pull out dead CA. poppies, and fix the trim around the beds last Wed and he said he would come that night at 7 PM. He finally showed up last night!!!! Like what happened? He says he will come this Wed. to do the work and so we will see!!!! I so hate when they don't do a good job and you pay a lot! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, if they were doing it at a cheap price that is one thing but when they charge an outlandish price you expect a good job. It only takes him an hour and 15 minutes to mow and trim. that is almost $60 an hour.. I pay for the gas and he uses my mower.

I will rent us an apartment for us, and if Tom keeps up the way he is he will be with me. There is no way I would live with my daughter.. We would kill each other. I love her to death but noway I can live with her, she is to bossy.

10. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I know, I hate to pay the $ but can't do it myself and want things to look nice. I am not sure how families do it when they all live together. It will be better for you to have your own apt and be close to others but still have your own space. Hopefully your Tom will be able to live with you. You should have a better idea about how that will go when he comes home 7/23!!!! Did he have a stroke, or surgery, and is recuperating? Shirley

12. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No He has been sick for several years, he broke his back and he had to have a Urostomy and a colostomy, he just kept getting weaker because he was in so much pain. They had him on Morphine 3 times a day, he started refusing to eat and he got down to 120 lbs, one night he fell and broke his hip, when they got him to the ER they noticed he had a bedsore on his rear and it had gangrene, he had to go in the nursing home to recuperate, he had to wait for 3 months to get the hip worked on, until the gangrene cleared up but has never been able to walk since, he has been in the Nursing Home for 1 year and 4 months.
    Last edited by MeerKat; 07-01-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh, Meerkat....I just hope he can come home and you can manage. Is he able to change the bag himself? It almost sounds like you will have to have 24/7 care because you can't lift him can you? You poor thing. I know God does not give us more than we can handle but it is getting close?

15. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I am getting prettey close.. They are teaching him to transfer himself from the bed to his wheelchair. Plus I am having one of those trapeze thing on his bed.. Yes he can change his bag and once a month they will come and change his catheter.. For a while I will hire someone to come in in the morning and evening to dress him and get him up and ready for bed.. I can empty the urine bag with no problem and will get the disposable ostomy bag. I bought him one of those electric scooters they advertised on TV. that way he can wheel hiself out on the porch and get some fresh air.
    But I know I can keep a better eye on him than they do. I go around and around with them about checking him for a bladder infection. I can tell just by talking to him over the phone that he has a bladder ifection just by the way he talks. It usually takes me 3 or 4 days to get them to finally check him for an infection.. And anytime I have asked them to check him he always had a bladder infection.
    He changed his catheter for 12 years and maybe had 10 bladder infections, but he has had 3 just this month. They are not keeping things sterile or he wouldn't get them..
    Last edited by MeerKat; 07-01-2013 at 04:35 PM.