Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. I am now on Volumn1 of 1962 Readers Digest. I haven't read as much lately as I have the Pinterest bug. I am with you as far as Debbie Macomber. She has really awesome books. Another favorite is The People Series by Michael and katherine Gear. I think that is their name.Haven't picked one up in a long time. I have all the series except the last 2 or 3. Sometimes I pick up an off-the-wall author from the library to see what I think. I have had some really great surprises. Have fun and enjoy the site. Peggy

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now I am reading "Lady Chatterley's Lover". I got the original version which is pretty steamy. My favorite author is Nicholas Sparks. I would recommend reading his book, "The Wedding". I also read romance novels. I love the Jesse Stone movies -- Tom Selleck stills looks dreamy. rose ann

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember hearing Lady Chatterley's Lover but have never read it. You have piqued my interest. I agree about Nicholas Sparks. I actually have a number of his books and love them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like audio books on long car trips. The time just flies. I pick up books at yard sales and library book sales so I am never reading what is currently out. I am also writng a book, 3 actually. I am setting a goal of getting one finished and trying to get it published this year. Maybe one day Dee the Learner and I will be on everyone's favorite author list!

5. Likes Patti Hale liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close on my Kindle. It is a good book and hard to put down.
    Attached Images Attached Images BOOK LOVERS CORNER - What are you reading?-extremely-loud-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Big Nicholas Sparks fan here too. I would have to say The Wedding is my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, Room was a choice for my online bookclub a few months ago, really different and interesting. Also love Lisa Genova's Still Alice and Left Neglected.
    Loved the Harry Potter books! Also like reading historical fiction like Phillipa Gregory's. Just finished The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield for my book club, everyone loved it. ( I did too, although thought it a bit slow in parts. ) Have thought about a Kindle but nothing beats the sound of a turning page as my granddaughter says! LOL.

9. Likes Beviboo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like Phillipa Gregory also. I've been listening to her book on tape of "The Other Bolyn Girl"...it is about Anne Bolyn and her younger sister... When I'm not reading an actual book or indulging in a virtual book on my Nook I also listen to books on tape... I've actually downloaded about 50 books to my IPOD Classic and listen to them in the evening while I'm in bed. I have it time to shut off after about an hour... On my NOOK I've downloaded a lot of Classics and am reading "Anne of GreenGables"...guess I've got a thing for "Anne" right now...

11. Likes Patti Hale liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It is always interesting to see what others are reading and I am getting some new titles and authors to add to my TBR list! Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've just finished Mary Willis Walker's Under the Beetle's Cellar. It's a mystery that reads like the headlines!! A fanatical preacher has captured a bus driver and 11 kids and is keeping them to purify them - for 50 days when he says he will begin the Apocalypse. FBI is there, but is unable to get him to talk. A journalist is trying to discover all she can about the preacher to see if she can find something to help him release the prisoners. It reads like a movie -- and it should be one!! WISH I knew someway to ge someone to make it into a movie!!