Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  41
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jane, Have you ever had nerve blocker shots? I had the same Problem as you I couldn't even hold up a newspaper. I would get spasms in my back also, it took awhile for the shots to work, just don't give up after a few shots it takes awhile.. But make sure it is a nerve blocker and not cordizone or steroids they are dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Learning to crochet or knit has gone the way of learning to cook for a lot of women (some men). As women took on careers outside the home (and they should if they like) the idea of knitting and crocheting was "oh, so last century." However, its popularity does recycle.

At least monthly I find yarn for sale at yard sales and in thrift stores, so someone is still using it.

One issue is that there is very little "community" left in this country. People don't get together for sewing, quilting, knit/crochet circles as they did up until the 1950s. Friends use to gather and help with each others projects.

I taught myself to knot/crochet and though I prefer crochet. I make things and donate them to the Dept. of Children's Services for foster kids or animal rescue groups. It's the cheapest form of therapy I've ever found.

3. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meerkat, I have had every kind of facet block, steroid injection, had the nerves burned (supposed to help until they heal, I guess I heal fast because it was less than 2 wks) any of those things there are to do. They have implanted a pump now that puts medicine right into my spinal chord now. I still take about 6 meds by mouth & still have days I do not get out of bed.
    Mixplixlix, you are correct. People don't get together. Then here where I live there are quilt shops that you pay to be part of their quilting class/circle. About the only place you see anything done regularly is around a church or Senior Center. My mom's church has ladies who gather 1 Monday evening a mth to make small pillows for hospice. These are used to prevent bedsores. After 1 patient, they are discarded. They are made in all sizes. To fit under chins, heels elbows. They also make covering bags for catheraters. When someone is ill & must leave their room for tests, it covers their "business" in the bag. Just adds a little dignity for them & face it sometimes what is there is not pleasant to see when there is cancer & chemo involved. Hospice said they had a need & the ladies designed this to fit wheelchairs, walkers, or a stretcher. They are my heroes! It is a fun fellowship. You go & I usually stuff & handsew the pillows closed. We have some kind of potluck dinner & eat as well. Ladies from other churches have gotten wind & they also come to help with this project. It's wonderful.
    Hugs, Jane

5. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jane, did they say what your problem is? My Mother-in-Law had the implant put in, she was 85 when she had it done, and I guess the operation was to much on her heart because she past away a week after she had it done, so don't know if it would have worked for her.
    People have no since of community at all, when I was young I always had friends that we would go back and forth and have coffee in the morning. I have lived out here for 25 years and only know 3 peoples names here. All the people here work, so they don't have time..

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is degenerative disc disease or arthritis in my spine, basically. The discs are all falling apart. I went to Mayo Clinic & they even told me there is no surgery or anything that can be done. Only managing my pain.
    Hugs, Jane