Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  41
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bravo !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crochetsoup View Post
    I'm a 33 year old guy who started crocheting 2 years ago lol I make awesome stuff. People wonder why? Well cause
    I like to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kitty Jean,
    Never to young or old. My current student is in her 50's maybe 60's. Not only is she taking my crochet class but she is also taking piano lessons too.
    My husband used to needlepoint....so they are all out there, willing and wanting to learn
    Caryn Joy

Post Thanks / Like
    I told my brother that I come on Crochet Talk and have so many friends all over the U.S. and the world and we talk about a lot of subjects including crochet and knitting his response was "How old are you anyway?". Like I have to be an aged woman to crochet or knit. Well, I am getting there but I thought that was the most ignorant thing to say and I told him so. He is my brother after all. I can get away with it. He just laughed it off.

I have a very good friend and her daughter are learning to crochet and they use You Tube they are always anxious to learn a new stitch from me whenever we get together. Next time we get together I'm going to teach them the Russian Join. I don't think I have told them about it yet. Boy oh boy, they will love that one!

I do think crocheting and knitting are making a come back. It seems Michaels and Joanns are always having classes are are mostly full.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

4. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    50 years ago I was a young stay at home Mom and got a book and taught myself how to knit. (crochet came later and like it more) Was telling one of my GF about learning how and she said, 'Good Gosh, Lawana! You are turning into an old lady'. Then in the next breath she said, ' Will you make me a sweater!?' Lets just say, I let her know quick that I would NOT make her a sweater!

6. Likes Carynjoyb, MeerKat, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that crocheting or knitting is making a comeback. The only problem is trying to find the yarn in one's area! Also the time to get to finish my projects!

8. Likes Carynjoyb, Trenarah liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I don't think interest in crochet ever died. I have crochet magazines from the late 30s to the 80s to now. Even in fashion, it comes in waves. From scarves to tops. My own daughters don't have interest in learning right now but I believe this is because their dad hated for me to crochet when they were kids. He would hide my pattern or even throw it away, hide my hook, name it so I had to give him all my attention. We have Deborah Norville & Vanna White now lending their names to higher end yarn. I believe this has spurred some interest in our craft. People do pay attention to celebrity, after all. It has never died, though. We have always been able to buy some kind of yarn, hook or pattern book in WalMart. As long as we can do that, it will not die.
    Hugs, Jane
    Last edited by janie mae; 05-30-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: correction

10. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use to have a strange idea about yarn and Thread, I thought crocheting was just for making doilies. And Yarn was for knitting and making everything else. But I learnt different, I started Knitting in my mid 20's and didn't start crocheting until my mid fifies, and find i like crocheting a lot better...

12. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to learn to knit once. I am not coordinated enough to make both hands work together like that. Besides, I have found that usually crocheting is much more beautiful than knitting. The stitch combinations seem to be more feminine & lacy. We can almost always duplicate the look of knitting with crochet. I personally have never seen the same of knitting. Maybe my opinion is biased also, LOL. To me crochet is just more beautiful & more versatile. Nothing wrong with knitting. I envy you who can make both hands work together that way. I am almost jealous. But for me, I will always have to make do with crochet. Now my left arm doesn't work well.
    Hugs, Jane

14. Likes Carynjoyb, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jane, I had a friend teach me how to knit and I enjoyed it but hated when I would make a mistake, it is almost impossible to fix if it is about 4 rows down, never could follow the direction to undo the mistake and pull the mistake up through all the rows so I would knit it backwards to get back to the mistake, and that is a pain.. Knitting is a lot harder than crocheting
    don't think I will ever knit again.
    Last edited by MeerKat; 05-30-2013 at 08:13 PM.

16. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Meerkat,
    I don't want to even think about knitting backward. Forward was too much of a challenge for me. No way I can now anyway. My left arm is messed up because of my neck. It hurts & is numb. It hinders me from crocheting sometimes. My shoulders will get in bad spasms. They are really tight always but when they spasm, I can't crochet or anything. Knitting is out of the question.
    Hugs, Jane