Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  131
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

I found my yorkie- paralized...

If you have just a moment, would you put in a small prayer for my 10 year old yorkie, Rocky. When I woke up this morning, I found him paralyzed from the neck down. He has a history of seizures, so I thought he was having another one. I gave him his seizure meds, but he didn't respond. I took him to the vet hospital and was informed that it isn't a seizure that I was seeing but paralysis and that they need to give him steroids and hope and pray that we see some sort of improvement by tomorrow morning.... if there is no signs of improvement then the humane thing would be to... dang, I don't even what to type the words. the only thing I can think is that he did have a seizure sometime in the night and somehow it caused injury to his neck. He was fine when I took him out for a walk at 10:30 last night. Please say a prayer if you have just a moment, for him and for the vets that have been caring for him. Thank you so much for your time. -Janine

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aw hon I am so sorry ..I will pray for him ..poor little guy. I had a rescue name Wolfie.he was a chihuahua and probably a yorkie mix..he was very very old but such a darling little guy and such a trooper. We named him Wolfie because he had a wolf's spirit ..he was amazing..he also had seizures ..we had him for a few years and I loved him so..he went to the rainbow bridge while I held him in my arms and I cried like a baby..I will never forget him and I know how upset you are..I am hoping your little guy pulls thru..hugs Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Anne. I rescued a yorkie from a shelter many years ago, she was older and had been very abused by the previous owner. When I left the shelter I brought her to the vet where I lived at the time and he said she would be lucky to live a week. She lived 2 years with us. When I got her, she weighed in at 2.5 lbs, she had a crushed trachea, several broken ribs, seizures and was matted to the point of permanent hair loss in many places. I shaved her down to her skin and gave her the attention she deserved. We called her lil prissy missy mae. She lived that name she even had a little wiggle in her walk-very entertaining to watch. She also gave me such an appreciation for yorkies. Her seizures were progressively worsening until the vet had to hook her up to an iv and even the meds no longer would work.... It was scary when Rocky had experienced his first seizure. His are much milder than the Priss'. -Janine

Post Thanks / Like
    Thoughts and prayers be with you! Hope he/she gets better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Barbara. I will know something tomorrow morning if he is going to make it through this. Rocky is "mama's boy."

Post Thanks / Like
    My heart is with you..Wolfie was mine too..where ever I was Wolf was..I understand how you feel..I will pray really hard for you tonight..hugs Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Please, Anne, Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pray to St. Francis please. he is the saint that love and care for animals. I did for my dog -Jacob, when ever he show sign of in un-comfort...I pray to him to give me a sign/some indication ..... I've experience good respond at time. (save me take Jacob to the vet) - Jacob is 10+ years old and he is always walking me instead of I walk him....
    Ivy
    PS I will say a prayer to St. Francis for your yorkie. (the breed usually live to 17 years)
    I also live to mention a general prayer is great, but special prayer is wonderful... meaning - need specific objects ....to ask/seek for?
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

10. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ivy, thank you. I have said special prayers requesting any intervention St. Francis can do...any pull that he may have... to ensure that Rocky will be cared for to the best of everyone's capabilities. I am so afraid for my Rocky. Thank you, again. -janine

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a little Yorkie, Billy Joe is 8 yrs now. I have been through something very similar with a Chihuahua. She had little seizures also. Very scary. You are in my thoughts and prayers. These little ones have a strong spirit. My last little one was a toy poodle, 16 yrs, she passed over the Rainbow Bridge in my arms a week before Christmas a few years ago. Heart breaking, but they give us so much joy! Hugs!!!