Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  279
Page 11 of 13 First ... 910111213 Last

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Texas Transplant,
    It is cornbread dressing but she never stuffed turkey with it & never made it just at holidays. It was often a big part of Sunday meals. She made it with cooked chicken inside. She also used eggs, chicken broth & plenty of sage. My oldest daughter makes it now. This minut (until July) it is just her & her husband. When she makes cornbread, they don't eat all of it so it goes into the freezer. When she's ready to make dressing, her cornbread is cooked. That is the biggest part of it is baking 2 pans of cornbread. I am proud my daughter can use her great grandmother's recipe. Just sentimental, I guess.
    Hugs, Jane

2. Likes Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Yellow
    2. Crochet
    3. Listen to orchestra music
    4. Chinese and soups/stews
    5. Decaf tea
    6. Doughnuts
    7. Dancing With the Stars
    8. Cat
    9. Yellow iris
    10. Knit House dress that fits very loose!

4. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Here it goes my 10 favorite things
    1. My favorite color: Teal, emerald green, burgandy, purple
    2. My favorite craft: corchet, learning flillet crochet and crocheting by charts. Hope to conquer them both
    3. Favorite thing to do to relax, other than crochet: READ on my Kindle! Love on my kitties, have a cigar with my hubby in the back yard listening to music and watching the birds.
    4. Favorite cuisine: Itilian, and Thai
    5: Favorite beverage:
    6. Favorite sweet: Diet Pepsi and Sweet Tea
    7. Favorite TV Show: LOTS! NCIS, Bones, Hawaii 5-O, Kelly & Michael (in the a.m.), Banshe, a couple of others that I can't think of the name of right now.
    8: Favorite pet: People who post every little thing they do on FB. EX: My cousin actually posted she ran out of toilit paper. Yes, we are related by blood. OMG! People who drive and text or talk on the phone, rude people, people who dominate the conversation ALL the time, Mean people, You get the idea.
    9: Favorite flower: Tulip and calla lilly I probably didn't spell it right
    10. Favorite apparel: shorts and big t-shirts, when it is cool sweat pants and sweat shirts
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

6. Likes amanda, grandmajenny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    BarbySue, when you gave me your pet peeves that was good but the question was what is your favorite pet, I put dogs and cats. Was that right? What is your fave sweet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Barby Sue. I LIKE your addition of Pet Peeves ! I agree with you, especially the cell phone talkers . Also the people who carry on LOUD conversations on the cell phone as they are walking by you in public. (with bluetooth, you don't even see the phone, and they look like the crazy people that walk around talking to themselves.) I once answered a cell phone talker , and got a dirty look ! They should teach cell phone etticate,but they don't teach good manners anymore,that's my pet peeve.

9. Likes amanda, janie mae, Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, if we are going to do pet peeves. I HATE when I get out and go to a store and I am standing waiting to be helped and the person working answers a phone call and helps the person on the phone instead of me. I usually say, "Hey, I'm standing here trying to buy something and you are waiting on a customer who may never buy from you so I should be waited on first. Then I ask to talk to a manager.

11. Likes amanda, Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess one of my biggest pet peeves is waiting. Normally I am a pretty patient person but when I go to the dr & my appointment is at 10:30, I believe it is reasonable for them to have be in back by 11. A couple visits ago, I went to my dr, waiting room is packed out, nowhere left to sit. An hour after my appointment time, I am still in the waiting room. I have seen more than 1 drug rep come in. Then this drug rep comes in with a half gallon jug of coffee & 3 dozen hot Krispy Kremes & goes to the back. Now if they were gonna have breakfast with the drug reps, they should have done so before the office opened. Krispy Kreme opens at 6 AM. I promise I wasn't the only one mad in the waiting room. I was there for 3 hrs that day. The longest ever. They should have taken their patients into consideration.
    Hugs, Jane
    Last edited by janie mae; 06-01-2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: correct

13. Likes amanda, N/A, dragondrummer, BarbySue, Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    this is my flower and the best picture I have ever taken.

Post Thanks / Like
    Somewhere on here is a note, about a flower in a picture. If I ever ,EVER learn now to use this computer I will send the picture. Now as to the Divinity, I could never make the candy like my mother's. Till we became close friends to a couple From Minn. And he proceeded in telling and showing me how make all kinds on candy. He taught me how to cook twice on the candy. That man could tell you how to cook anything.
    if you had cake or cookies at their house you can bet Bill made them. I made the remark that the squirrel I fixed was tough and he cooked one for me that was very tender. you boil it like chicken then fry it. Now, another question, You talk about cabins at the convention. where are they and now much would they cost. Are there going to be dinners, if not then are there places to grab a hamburger or sandwiches. Are there fridges in the cabins for milk or friuts

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweetie,
    The cabin stuff is a Twinfaye or Rosieh20 question. I do know that we are having the meeting at a Tennessee State Park. I know there is a pool at the hotel & a fishing lake near some of the cabins. You should probably PM Twinfaye with the cabin. Questions.
    Sorry I can't be more help.
    Hugs