Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers to all of you in earthquake and storm areas

With earthquakes, blizzards and dangerous cold occurring across the country, may you all be safe and warm. My heart goes out to those in CA facing the ravages of the earthquakes and the millions of people being affected by this latest snowstorm.

2. Thanks spoula, Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Sweet Sue

So much going on right now in natural disasters. We here in Central NY were experiencing a deep freeze with snow showers and high winds, bringing the temps down to -30 at times. Today should be a little warmer. We currently have frozen pipes and no water since Thursday night. Fortunately, we bought a new house and are in the process of interior painting and fixing up. We have been trying to spend our time there and only sleep home. I'll tell you, no water is horrible. I do keep emergency water in enclosed 5 gallon buckets for the "potti", as we loose electricity here a lot in winter and summer. Storms take a toll on our electric company. I suppose because we are so rural and population is low. Trees most often are the culprit for pulling down wires. But, this is nothing compared to what others are facing right now.
    Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Teri,
    We lose power from squirrels chewing the electoral wires they get fried doing it so you would think they wouldn't try eating them. Friday, we had some powerful winds bringing down tree branches and some heavy rain just before that. Also, the lights in the house along with the appliances kept flickering off and on finally they stayed on. Weather is very different lately. I read a book a long time ago that stated that the North would become warmer, and the South would become colder. Looks like that might become true. I hope not I like warmer temps them the cold. However, watching it snow and seeing it on the lawn is very pretty.

5. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sweet Sue,
    This year we have had so many earthquakes it is a record for our state. You don't actually feel the little ones but one night we were woken up to a 3.6 one that sounded like a plane landed on our roof and the bed was shaking back and forth. I grabbed my husband hand and said it's still shaking, and he said no honey that is you. We had an earthquake pretty much every day for months this year,
    You could hear them, and they would tremble a little but not like the ones that are 3.5 or 3.6 they are scarry. I have not felt or heard any since October so maybe they are quite for now. They think they started up because of so much rain soaking the ground and shifting the core. I don't know for sure, but I hope they are gone.
    Spoula

7. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula
    I don't know about the north getting warmer and south getting colder. Here in Central NY, it is extremely cold every winter. It is just that the first time of the winter season when gets below 0 degrees it is a "shocker" but we normally get these cold temps up through March. On and off but we get them....every year.

9. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula

WOW.....I only experienced one earthquake in my 67 years. It was in 2011 while visiting my dad in NJ. The earthquake was actually in Washington DC but was felt all the way to Central Jersey. At first I thought it was construction equipment traveling past but my dad had the TV on and immediately there was a "news flash" what had happened.

I can't even imagine what you go thorough having them that often