Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Translate Crochet patterns video to English

There was a post about all the videos in other languages that some of us cannot understand. I usually turn off the volume and just look at how they are doing it if it is something I want to make. I was thinking about that the other day and remembered that I had saved a video a while back. I just looked at my saved files and found this.

I had forgotten all about it until I read some of the post here about translation of patterns. I have not tried this myself yet so at this time I don't know if it works or not.

Spoula

2. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that is interesting.......are you going to try it? This one is Spanish, are there other languages?
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

4. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Teri, it doesn't matter what language the video is in. You have to use Google Translate and copy some of the pattern a little at the time. On the screen while in Google Translate on the left you will put the pattern words whatever the language is and, on the right, you put the language you want translated. It is time consuming to do so. Also, I have mentioned in a previous post that Google does not always translate other languages as we would normally read. On the Internet there are free pages of crochet and knitting stitches, hook and needle sizes that have the translation in several languages that you could download that would be helpful when you see a word or stitch that did not translate correctly.

I am currently watching videos in several languages of thread painting. It's a new thing for me to learn keeps my mind active (I hope).
    Spoula