Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Knee treatments

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm hoping that I will be able to be on my computer in the hospital but this is a small town so not sure they will have wireless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sincere hopes for an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Faye! It's a good thing the colonoscopy is before the surgery!! Otherwise you would be in a world of **** without toilet paper!!! That's my husbands favorite saying! And it seemed like it fit the situation!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck and a speedy recovery!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Faye;
    I had a knee replacement 2yrs ago. I had to finally give in when the knee became so swollen and I couldn't bend the knee at all. Surgery went ok but the physio was rough but ok now. The other knee needs to be done down the road. I'm not rushing it until I can't bend my knee. I have my mom who is 84 and a granddaughter who will be 13 yrs old in december living with me. I'm what you call the "sandwich generation".
    So I feel your pain, here's to a speed recovery.

Post Thanks / Like
    smiletrainyr48, Bless your heart! My Mother lived with me for 18 months probably the longest of my life. She went back to my twin in June. Thank you God!! She has dementia arguably the most stubborn woman in the world. My EX started to get involved with my business and if he knew that Mama lived with me he could say he didn't need to pay alimony as I was taking care of Mama so I didn't need his money. Alimony is based on need. My right hip needs to be replaced but after 2 knees replaced and one having to be done over I am not going to have the hip done until I can't walk. Heck, they haven't seen the left hip and that may need to be replaced too. UGH!! Good luck!! Thanks for the empathy!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can emphathize with anyone who has lived with a difficult elder parent. Mom & I never got along after I left home. She didn't want me to marry; and even after he passed, she never quite "forgave" me for going against her wishes. I used to stay with her during the nights all work week and my sister would come and get her and take her home with her on weekends. She worked in the evenings and nights during the week. Mom wouldn't stay in my house overnight; so I had to stay with her. She would tell me to go home around 10PM; and get annoyed when I stayed; but she had a serious heart condition and could not be alone; so my brother stayed during the day and I stayed at night because she would not have a home attendant.
    In retrospect, she was probably anxious about her heart condition and may have been starting Altazheimers because she would not remember things from one time to the next. We had to be very careful about her meds because she would forget she had taken them and try to take them again. We finally put them in a holder one pill for her to take at a time for the day and if the holder was empty, she knew she had taken them. It was not easy. She lived to be 88 and we still miss her.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mother is 85 and she has to have someone in the house with her but she can do everything for herself but she can't cook or clean so Kaye does all that. Mama can't remember what she takes or whether she has taken it. She is a diabetic and has neuropathy in her left foot and she needs pain medicine every night. She was taking one pill on top of another and sleeping around the clock so she can't have control of anything. I know we will miss her when she is gone but I think I already miss who she was.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a hope [and a little prayer] that your knee will be fixed for good this time with a speedy, uneventful recovery!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well my dear I can't say I know how you feel but me just getting out of the hospital or the way Betty put it jail. Lol I feel for you. I crochet lots of was clothes and gave them to my nurses. I feel your pain with the go lightly. That's the stuff they give you to clean your insides. Be prepared. Lol sending prayers and good thoughts. Many blessings
    Erika
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Thanks Ladies, I'm so happy that I found you. I am not worrying about the surgery at least I have a chance to be rid of the pain after a hellish 6 weeks. Colonoscopy next week and surgery 8 days later. What an exciting life I have! lol