Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! Spring is finally here!

Hi Everyone,

As the sun is rising in a pink sky, I am optimistic about the day. I am on Spring Break from the dance school and am enjoying a normal supper time. We usually don't eat supper until 9:30 every night, as either me or my daughter is at the studio teaching until 9:00. I am having the time to create a nice meals this week.

The temperature here today is predicted to be 65 degrees! and 70 tomorrow. Not normal for Central NY this time of year. Last year at this time we had snow showers, but then again last year was a terrible year. I love snow but when you have snow from October to April, enough is enough, and the warmer weather is much welcomed. I love going outside with my yellow lab and tossing the ball to her. She can use the exercise!

I crocheted a bit yesterday, working on the "Sleep Tight" baby blanket I started in September of 2019...LOL which was supposed to be a gift for my live in Granddaughter who just turned a year old in January 2021. A little late I know. I did work on other projects in the mean time, but I tend to "dilly dally" on larger projects. The blanket itself is done, now I am working on 5 teddy bears that get attached to it. They are cute.

I also find myself feeling guilty, as while I am crocheting anything, I am thinking should I be doing something for the dance school? Should I be working on recital stuff. It is terrible to own a business......it is always with you.

I would love to dialog with some of you ...what are you up to? What is the weather like where you are? What are you current projects? Are you enjoying them?

Enjoy your day!
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

2. Likes kl1000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on the 'more v's please'. Something to crochet to use up my yarn and I have a lot of yarn! I also need to get back to crocheting teddy bear squares. I have 6 more squares to crochet. I just got some more baby yarn. It's raining here in Holland. I have been doing jigsaw puzzles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Jean Marie

The More Vs Please pattern is really pretty. When you said Holland, I immediately thought the country. I am assuming that is the name of your town? We have been having beautiful weather here in Central NY. Almost 70 yesterday! Unusual for this time of year so I am skeptical, but enjoying it and getting outside with the dog.

We are currently house hunting, and found a nice 3 bedroom house on top of a mountain about 20 minutes from where I currently live and only 9 minutes from the dance school, which is a plus since the winters are pretty snowy and long here.

I am making progress on the "Sleep Tight" blanket I started 18 months ago as the dance school is closed this week due to Spring break, so I am enjoying the personal time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Teri, Good Morning!
    I'm in Holland, Michigan. The sleep tight baby blanket is cute.

ps. I have a 'more v's please' square that I made a long time ago with a larger crochet hook than what it calls for. It made a bigger square and for the last row or 2 I did the tunisian stitch which made it stretchy and it fits around a small pillow(a pillow you see on a couch).
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 04-09-2021 at 10:16 AM.

6. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...interesting. Did you line it before putting it on the pillow?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Hmmm...interesting. Did you line it before putting it on the pillow?
    No, I didn't.