Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Figures!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's funny. Hopefully when I get that far it will work itself out and I won't have to think to hard on it. My sister was going to make one along with me, but she works crazy hours and is trying to make an afghan for her grandbaby that was born a little over a month ago...somehow I don't think she is going to have time to do this with me. Did you sew up the seams with needle and thread or with yarn? I've never made a garmet before so I'm pretty stupid about how to do that part.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    I use yarn but I am no authority. I have made more baby things than clothes. My twin doesn't crochet so I don't have anyone but you guys to crochet with. I use a tapestry needle and yarn. Hope you find it easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    well, I just ripped it all out and started over, after I got going I checked my gauge again and it was way off so I started over agin. I think I have it pretty close now. It would have hung off my hands had I left it like it was. Yes, I have short arms which doesn't help matters. This time it should work ok. Next time my sister calls I'm going to ask her how she sews her things together, she has made several sweaters. How are you feeling after falling?
    Barby Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm good. Going to the dr Tuesday and she can see if it needs draining. I really just want her to agree to doing surgery over on my right knee so I can finally sit or stand without pain. After surgery is terrible for about 6 weeks but you get better and I have lived with this pain for a year with no end in sight. So wish me luck on Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definately wishing you luck! Hope all goes well.
    Barby Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    Pls don't describe yourself with the "S" word.
    If you can figure out how to crochet, you are far from it.
    I made a similar project many years ago with a plain knit 40" square.
    Of course, the DD saw it and HAD to wear it. She lost it. How? Dunno. She was in her teens and didn't tell me she had lost until I was tearing up the place looking for it. I was too through with her! Kids!
    Another occasion when I wished I had had only boys!