Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Figures!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We were away for 3 days and when we got home last night the house was only 56 degrees! It warmed up to a balmy 59 this morning! (We were in Conneticuit, babysitting for the 5 yr old granddaughter and the 20 month old twin grandsons! Now I know why we have our kids when we're young!!).

Post Thanks / Like
    Some got snow. The weather is definitely turning cooler and getting down to the 40's at night.

The darn bus was colder than it was outside for that 1-1/2 hour commute this morning; and the driver still had on shorts! Was he having a "private summer" or just wanting to show off his knobby knees a little longer? I don't think men have hot flashes! Gripe, gripe, gripe!

Post Thanks / Like
    BarbySue, I would love to look at your pattern for the shrug? In Tennessee we are starting to need a shrug or maybe a coat. In the morning when I take my puppies out it feels like a coat would be fine. It frosted here last night but we don't get snow until December. The year I got married in 1966 we got 6 inchs on November 2nd and that was a miracle for us. That was the first marriage at age 16!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got married the first time 3 months after I turned 18. I was still in high school and it wasn't a "have too". My parents decided to move and I didn't want to go with them as I would have to do another semester in school to graduate high school so I decided to get married and stay on the farm. Looking back, I should have gone with my parents! But oh well, such is life. I'm going to post the pattern it was a free one through Lion Brand so I'm sure it is ok to post on here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    This pattern is the one I used for my twin's shrug. Thanks for it. I didn't have to get married either. I did miscarry in May after getting married in Oct.

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say is, I'm glad it's not here!!!! Being from Illinois, I have definitely had my fill of snow! Paige, I feel for you, I truly do, but glad it's not me.--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    This pattern is the one I used for my twin's shrug. Thanks for it. I didn't have to get married either. I did miscarry in May after getting married in Oct.
    I finally started my shrug, it actually got cooler here, in the low 80's, it will have to do. I picked Lion Brand Homespun Painted Desert for the yarn, it has all sorts of colors in it and is soft to work with.

I wasn't insunuating anything by saying you had to get married most people automatically think I did since I was still in high school is why I always throw that in there. Please don't think I was thinking that of you, as I wasn't.
    Barby Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, I threw it in like you did. People ask me that too. I am hard to insult and if I think someone took something the wrong way I do just like you did. I've gotten in trouble when I was kidding on here and someone took it the wrong way. I LOVE to tease and I try to be funny sometimes I am successful and sometimes not so much. So anyone on here can tease me and I'll take it and probaly give it back. So no fears!! I used the homespun for my shrug also. I found a partial project and 3 skeins of yarn in my (Very overcrowded) shed and I frogged the project (so long ago that I had no idea what I had started) and made the shrug and it was the week of my twin b-day so I gave it to her (Kaye). I hadn't planned to but she saw it and loved. She is very critical of my work so the fact that she liked it made me feel great. WOW, Lynn thinks she rambles, a poor amateur compared to me. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my! We must be twins separated at birth! I ramble on and on in case you haven't noticed. HA! I kid and tease a lot too and sometime people don't know how to take me so I have to be careful as to what I say, and I hate that. I'm pretty plane spoken and at times I've been accused at being too blunt. But no one has ever been at odds where they stood with me either.

I'm happy to hear this shrug works up so well, hope I can do it justice. If mine turns out ok I may make one for my sweet MIL. She is just adorable and would love one. That is if I can make it turn out ok. Well, she would love it no matter what it looked like, but I wouldn't let her see it unless it turned out ok. Wish me luck!
    Barby Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    It is very easy the only hard part was sewing it together. It didn't make sense to me so I went on faith and it worked. It is a little difficult to decide how to wear it but she figures it out. The up and down are hard to see. Could just be me but she asked which in was up so I guess it might be us! lol