Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! It's a great day....

Good Morning Everyone

I am looking at the snow covered ground, (haven't seen the dirt since Thanksgiving actually) and the sun is shining. Looks beautiful over the cornfield. How is your morning? I am hoping to get to some of my crochet projects today. There are 4 projects I am working on. But life is busy, ya know?

Today is my granddaughter Luna, kid's birthday party (birthday party with children, we had the family one on her actual birthday 1/11) So I am baking cupcakes.....not my favorite thing to do as I am a vegan baker and sometimes when I transform a recipe from conventional to vegan we do have a problem. But so far these are doing good.

One of my projects is a blanket I am working on for her. I started it when my daughter was in her in her 6th month of pregnancy with her and it still isn't finished. Not for lack of interest but lack of time.

I also have on the hook, a granny starburst square long cardigan. I studied the one that Rebecca wore in an episode of This Is Us, last season, and I think I have it pretty close to her's. Combining a Redheart pattern and my own design for the starburst granny square. I need 65 squares, I have done 12. I started that in the summer of 2020. LOL

I am also working on an Amigurumi project of my Yellow Lab. Pattern from Edwards menagerie Dogs....well I have the head and body and ears accomplished.....

AND....my husband asked for a scarf for when he is plowing the snow! We own a dance school with a parking lot and we have a snow plow on our 1994 Dodge Ram 2500, to plow it when it snows (practically every other day) but we also live on a dirt road and the town sometimes, I think, forgets we are here so he plows us out to the main road also....very handy to have a snow plow in Central NY. in winter!

So I was a bit long winded this morning....just would love to hear how you are all doing.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I am doing good. Scarves are nice to keep you warm but when the wind blows the scarf can blow in your face making it so you can't see. Maybe there's some way you can make a scarf so it doesn't blow in your face when the wind blows. Maybe a button or something?.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah...you are right Jean Marie about scarves blowing in your face. I was thinking maybe an infinity scarf would be better for him. I just have to find the time

Post Thanks / Like
    (Quote/)I am also working on an Amigurumi project of my Yellow Lab. Pattern from Edwards menagerie Dogs....well I have the head and body and ears accomplished...(/quote)

Amigurumi is my favorite thing to crochet. Please post pic's when you are done. I always start with the head, it gives me incentive to finish if I like how it looks lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning murnah

I love amigurumi!!! I love seeing the little personalities come out as you are making the project. I have a book that I love called Beetles, Bugs and Butterflies. It is insects, mostly Butterflies and Moths, but there are also Lady bugs, to make. The butterflies can be made from caterpillar to butterfly with interchangeable parts, cocoon and wings and so forth. Although dogs are my favorite animal next to goats, in real life. (I actually hate insects, except butterflies) I love this book. It can teach you to make a learning tool for children where they can add or take away the parts to see how a caterpillar becomes a butterfly or moth.

I have made props for dances, (I am a dance teacher) from amigurumi. One dance, it was called Scary Place and it was about camping and hiking in the forest. I made an amigurimi snake and an amigurumi spider. The dancers were only 7 to 9 years old but they took ownership of these props. They gave them names! This was in 2018 and now those 2 amigurumis are permanent occupants of my dance room! LOL

What are you working on now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Teri, that is so cool you incorporate Amigurumi into dance. That's awesome!

Right now I'm working on the harry styles sweater I mentioned in the other thread, until I get that done everything else is on hold. But I have several ideas going through my head that I can't wait to start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well due to lack of time....our Christmas tree and decorations are still up. LOL ....it is killing me but anyway. I used to have this stand that my husband made me from wood for selling small items at craft fairs back a decade ago when I had more time...
    Well at Christmas time I set it up because it is like a tree and I put little amigurumi things like crocheted Christmas balls and crochet snow flakes on it. Well it had broken over the year it was in storage, so my husband fixed it and improve it. Beginning to pack up Christmas decorations, I didn't want to pack it up this year so I am now changing it to a seasonal tree! I took down all the Christmas ornaments, left up the snow flakes and made a heart. I want to make a few more, (we are getting another snow storm so I don't believe we will have dance classes today and tomorrow so I will have the time) Now next month I will make shamrocks! As you can tell by my last name I don't have a drop of Irish blood in me, Sicilian here...LOL...but in March we celebrate St Patrick! I will think of things for each month to change out on the tree!

Now making little things makes me fill a little better for not finishing up the big projects yet...I suppose it is focus thing.

8. Likes kl1000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I make the filet crochet doilies this time. Have a good day
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a vegan baker and sometimes when I transform a recipe from conventional to vegan we do have a problem. But so far these are doing good.

Well, how about that. I am in the process of doing the same thing. However, using the (unflavoured) coconut oil does not always work as well as butter. You have to compensate this way and that and then hope it comes out alright.

Maybe we just have to search for dedicated, original vegan baking recipes which (you hope) have been tested. This is not always the case.

"Earth Balance" makes a butter substitute specifically for baked goods, I hear, but it's a bit pricey for me. They are called "Vegan Buttery Sticks".

Regarding patterns, epatterns central is having a $1.00 sale and then their patterns will be "retired", ie, not available anymore.

Search Results - Page 1

11. Likes kl1000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning MeToo!

I don't use Coconut oil unless it specifically asks for it. I use Earth Balance or Olive oil for shorting. Bottom line is...I don't like making deserts. I love eating them but I rather cook a dinner. LOL....I am glad I am that way thought, because it isn't often I get to eat sweets.