Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

To a better year!

Happy New Year to everyone. Wishing you all a prosperous and healthy one. May your days be filled with crochet projects LOL
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

2. Likes spoula, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Teri! Same to you and yours! What crochet project are you working on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hahaha Jean Marie....funny you should ask....

Well let's see. I have a amigurumi project of a dog that looks like my yellow lab, which I have been wanting to make for a long time. Also a really cute baby blanket, pattern called "Sleep Tight" (so cute it has bear heads sleeping at the top of the blanket) that I started in September 2019 for my soon to be born granddaughter who was born in January of 2020 and just turned a year old. (I worked on that a bit yesterday since classes were canceled at the dance school due to snow) Good thing it is a big baby blanket and she will be able to use it for a while. I am also working on a long starburst granny sweater that I started in April 2020 after watching an episode of This Is Us, where they went back to the late 1970s or early 80s and Rebecca had it on while camping with her family. ( I took hours and hours finding the almost exact pattern and I altered starbust or sun burst squares, what ever you want to call them, to look like the one in the pictures I saved pictures of the scene where she wore it of the TV show.) In the mean time I did make an amigurumi doll, and finished it... for my now year old granddaughter when she began to say "baby".

I keep jumping back and forth with my projects, that I don't get to finish any. And I have patterns I am saving of projects I want to start!!!!

I suppose it has been a really busy year for me at the dance school especially last spring when I had to learn the Zoom app to teach classes. Not my favorite way to teach, but if I didn't I would have had to close and loose everything! Many dance schools did....

So LOL to answer your question.....too many projects at once LOL

So how are your projects?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Teri,
    I am working on making crochet filet teddy bear squares to put together for a baby blanket. I have one filet duck square that I did using the filet teddy bear square pattern. I have crocheted re-enforcements for the bottom of my slippers but have to attach them yet.

6. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH the blanket sounds like it will be beautiful! You also sound much more productive than I at this point! Would love to see a picture of one of the squares. What color?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    OH the blanket sounds like it will be beautiful! You also sound much more productive than I at this point! Would love to see a picture of one of the squares. What color?
    Thank you. So far I have dark pink, green, white, blue, medium purple squares of the filet teddy bears and one yellow filet crochet of a duck.

I took a picture and uploaded it but it said the file failed. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Thank you. So far I have dark pink, green, white, blue, medium purple squares of the filet teddy bears and one yellow filet crochet of a duck.

I took a picture and uploaded it but it said the file failed. Sorry.

ps. the first time I took one picture of a teddy bear square and a duck square(2 squares - 1 picture) Then I decided to take a picture of each square separately but it still failed to upload.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm....sometimes the upload tool gives me trouble too. But in any case the blanket sounds as it will be really pretty

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the pattern I'm using Crochet Patterns Only: 05 September 2005
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 01-20-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Jean Marie that is so cute! It will be adorable when complete

I never saw that site before, I will check it out!