Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't crochet for awhile

On the morning of Dec.7, I fell on my bike and scraped my elbow. A lady put polysporin (like neosporin) on it and put a gauze on it and later that night my husband got a piece of metal out of the wound and cleaned it and put on peroxide, triple antibiotic ointment and fluocinonide cream to get any bacteria out and had to cut off a couple of pieces of skin that was dirty and put the peroxide, ointment and cream on and changed the gauze pad twice(the night it happened and the next night) and he put peroxide on it again a let it air for a while without the bandage and had put some alcohol (first aid antiseptic) on it another time and last night he asked me if I wanted something on it before bed and I said I did and he just put a ace bandage around it. I might put a sock on it( and cut some of the foot part of the sock off) when I go to bed tonight I don't know.

I had just finished crocheting a pair of slippers and was looking on the computer at what else to crochet and decided I wanted to crochet a lemon stress ball. 2 or 3 days ago I started to crochet the lemon stress ball. It said to start with green. So I chained 3 and joined w/a ss to form a circle and chained 1 and did 6 sc in the circle and then it said to change color and I thought I better not crochet because of my arm so I did the word search puzzle instead and I haven't crocheted since. This morning I noticed yellow on my arm around where the scrape is on my arm which I thought was from the ointment he had put on but my husband said it was bruising. After I had fallen on my bike and got up I was wobbly. Someone had asked me if wanted a ride home but I said no and went in the building (w/ my helmet on) to the bathroom to try and clean my wound (that was before the lady had bandaged it) and then I got back on my bike
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 12-11-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jean Marie, I’m so sorry you had such a bad fall off your bike. How is your elbow doing now? The yellow color on your wound may mean it’s infected, I sure hope it’s not. Are you feeling better now?

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley,
    Thanks for asking. It's pinkish red around the scrape on my elbow and pinkish red on both ends of the scrape on my elbow. It is healing and it's getting scabs on it but it's going to take some time to heal completely. Otherwise I'm fine. I'm feeling pretty much back to normal except for my elbow. When it 1st happened there were holes in my arm(elbow). Last night (Dec.13) I went to bed without any bandaids on. I didn't fall because I lost my balance. I fell because I had a spell or went into a daze and I guess it didn't register to put my foot down when I was stopping the bike. I left my helmet on (because I didn't feel quite right) after I got up from the fall and went into the building to clean up. Maybe I was in shock yet (why I left my helmet on when I went into the building) because I was wobbly when I got up from my fall. I put peroxide and ointment on this morning(Dec. 14)
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 12-14-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't crochet for awhile-dec-14-2019-jpg_______________________

December 14, 2019
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 12-14-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the picture is too blurry then see if it helps to move back a bit and maybe you can see better. It helped me to back up a bit then I could see the picture (above) of my elbow better.

Post Thanks / Like
    a couple more pictures of my elbow(December 14, 2019)
    I can't crochet for awhile-12-14-19-jpg

I can't crochet for awhile-12-14-2019-jpg
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 12-14-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    o.k. one more picture of my elbow; you can see the yellow on my arm
    I can't crochet for awhile-december-14-2019-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I took another picture cause i thought maybe you could see the yellow on my arm better but I'm not so sure it's a better picture.
    I can't crochet for awhile-14th-dec-2019-jpg_______________________________

Post Thanks / Like
    Dec. 15, 2019
    I can't crochet for awhile-15th-dec-2019-jpg

I can't crochet for awhile-dec-15-2019-jpg
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 12-16-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    December 16, 2019

I can't crochet for awhile-16th-december-2019-jpg

I can't crochet for awhile-dec-16-2019-jpg

I can't crochet for awhile-december16-2019-jpg