Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Winter

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Winter

Well here it is only September and I have come down with a blessed head cold. Haven't had one in ages. Actually I think my husband gave it to me, as he staredt two days before me. We went shopping at Walmart on friday and now the cold. I always wash my hands as soon as I come into the house after shopping because you never know what you have touched that might have germs on it, like the shopping cart. I also carry wipes in my purse and in the vehicle. Wipe, wipe, wipe and stay healthy. Achoo!!

Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Purple is my favorite color for just about anything! lol. It really depends on the project though. I have done some beautiful afghans in earth tones or fall colors. Baby colors are always fun to work with too. I don't find any difference working with regular weight yarn compared to baby or sport weight yarn.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bless you Misty!
    I wash my hands a lot myself (and carry wipes around, which is both for baby and me). I sometimes think I am a maniac but then one can never be safe enough. And even then, we catch things; colds and other viral infections. My daughter has a viral infection and we had to go to the GP Tuesday since I did not think of green watery poo and fever as being a good combination. Now she is on medication and we have to give her lots of fluids to compensate for what she is losing. That goes to say I don't have much time to crochet or practice any hobby at the moment...anyway, my little girl comes first!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Good evening,

Our Wal-marts and other stores in Oklahoma and Missouri provide the little wipes that you can use. They are made to wipe down the handle of the carts before you begin your shopping. It is getting to be that time of the year. It is important to stay on top of not getting sick, as much as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    I came down with one in August that lasted a full week! I couldn't believe it considering it wasn't the time of year that normally happens for me. I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with it. It's not fun trying to go about your normal daily stuff and you feel horrible. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get over it. The only things that worked for me was a mix of sudafed, mucinex and hot herbal tea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

It is definitely the time of the year to be careful and stay as healthy as possible. This is especially true with keeping our children well, too! Hope everyone that is under the weather, gets to feeling better soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the thoughts, almost over it now. Worst part was at night, when you lay down you start to cough, what a pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess that fall is here and winter is fast approaching. I wonder if any of our memebers live in the southern hemisphere and are awaiting spring/summer?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sick too - I had a cold this summer as well. Very poor timing, as I have exams next week and just feel like lying around and not thinking!