Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  57
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

I think I am going to like this new church I vsited this morning

Hey, Yawl!!

I hope everyone is having a great day today.

I visited a new church this morning, it is about 2 and a half blocks from my home. A very kind and down to earth lady came by to pick me up. Everyone I met there was very nice and really laid back. The Pastor's wife was running around with her shoes off. She was barefoot! She was sitting behind me in service and I saw her shoes under my pew, LOLOL The lady who picked me up had her cup of coffee with her during the service, LOL
    I really think I am going to like it, everybody was really easy going and I met a fellow crocheter and her mom who also crochets will be at the Wednesday night service. She works on Sundays and wasn't there this morning.

I am just blown away by how easy going everyone and everything was! They also do food coop every 2 weeks, I think this Saturday they'll have one. I will get involved in that for sure!
    During the service, we were waiting on the music guy to put the words up on the screen of the song we were going to sing and he accidently showed us a pic of his wife, LOL The pastor just cracked up and laughed!! It was really cute to see that. The pastor is a really young guy, married and they have 3 kids and his in laws both also go to this church. Everyone I met was just really friendly!!

I think I will really enjoy it there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw your post on FB this morning about trying the new church and prayed that you would like it. Good news.
    TGsDad
    free downloads of my books are at http://tg-books.yolasite.com
    Updated Dec. 15

3. Likes janie mae, Landon, Amber&TuckersMom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's great Landon! I haven't gone to church in ages!! When Marietta, granddaughter, was christened,I was very impressed with the relaxed atmospher of the service! Loved it! May have to look into going back to church!! You just gave me the kick in the ass that I needed!!

5. Likes janie mae, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yawl are sweet, Thank you, Lee and MaryJane, it might be what the doctor ordered, ya just never know!!

7. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't go to a traditional church...I listen to the talks...it is open the public,... today's visiting speaker had us lol because he talked about being patient w/ our spouse...and he said, I don't know why but husbands don't get the clothes in the hamper...the best he heard of is getting dirty clothes right next hamper...so wives, be patient....and husbands, get your dirty laundry in the basket...then he said, husbands, isn't it interesting how our wives try on 10 different outfits only to wear the very first one they tried on...so husbands, be patient and sisters you all look beautiful today....lol

9. Likes janie mae, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, I would love to have a church home. Your sounds like exactly what I want and this area is so Republican and straight laced that I will never find one here. Not knocking Republicans just using it as a reference that others might understand. I am totally non political.

11. Likes janie mae, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Faye- do you suppose the church would fall in if we went to church together??!! We got married in a church and my husband's family was very suprised that the church didn't cave in because none of them were church goers!!! I had never given up going to church-I just never found a church I liked, well there was one but it closed!

13. Likes janie mae, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would really love to go but so far no place that gets me! Yes, it would be dangerous for us to go together!! You are a bad influence on me! I should be crocheting and here I sit talking to you!!

15. Likes janie mae, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I should be crocheting too-but it's more fun to chat!! I sold alot of stuff at the craft fair yesterday. So I have to make some more stuff to fill in the gaps!!

17. Likes janie mae, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't entice me this is the last message before I go take something for a headache and back to the last corner square. You are a bad influence once again!!

19. Likes Maryjane, janie mae, Landon liked this post