Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What Books Are You Reading Part 2

I enjoy reading and would enjoy knowing what you're reading too. I keep a list of Books to Read and I know that you have some good ones to share. Please join in and share your "bookworm adventures."

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been doing daily devotions in Jesus is Calling - 50 devotions for Peace.

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm reading daily scriptures from my Bible app and The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason. This book is recommended by the community of people who are debt free/desire to be debt free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    I have been doing daily devotions in Jesus is Calling - 50 devotions for Peace.
    Thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    This month I'm reading the book of Proverbs(KJV Holy Bible). I read the 9th chapter today.

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband and I do devotionals from Charles Stanley, David Jeremiah and Billy Graham. I get devotionals from Anne Graham and 1- minute devotionals. I use Bible apps from Gateway and You Version Bible apps. I really enjoy the You Version and I absolutely love doing devotionals and Bible reading in the mornings with my husband. I am not reading a book right now but I am thinking about reading Isaiah. Years ago I read To Kill A Mockingbird and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I have the book and the movie. It reminds my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mkp View Post
    My husband and I do devotionals from Charles Stanley, David Jeremiah and Billy Graham. I get devotionals from Anne Graham and 1- minute devotionals. I use Bible apps from Gateway and You Version Bible apps. I really enjoy the You Version and I absolutely love doing devotionals and Bible reading in the mornings with my husband. I am not reading a book right now but I am thinking about reading Isaiah. Years ago I read To Kill A Mockingbird and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I have the book and the movie. It reminds my favorite.
    You Version is my choice for a Bible app too! What a blessing that you and your husband do devotion together. My late husband and I always said a scripture to each other before we parted ways in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband and I have devotions every morning. Sometimes it doesn't work out for both of us to have devotions together in the morning. If so I normally read devotions later in the day to my husband. We normally have devotions together every morning. I read devotions out loud and we pray together. We hold hands when we pray.

Right now I read from 4 devotionals - the 'In Touch' devotional by Dr. Charles Stanley, 'My Utmost For His Highest' by Oswald Chambers, 'The Heart Of The Father' by Christian Art Publishers and we're almost done reading 'God's Word For Growing in Prayer' Compiled from the works of Andrew Murray Humble Creek - Inspiration For Life

I also want to see if our church library has the book 'To Heaven and Back' by Mary C. Neal, MD and 7 Lessons From Heaven by the same author - Guideposts Exclusive Editions

https://www.shopguideposts.org/heave...aign=REPROMOTE

The devotional above by Oswald Chambers is harder to understand.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 02-12-2019 at 09:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking through old posts and came across this book: Praying Backwards
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/49117452170018704/
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 02-14-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I googled 'amazon To Heaven and back by Mary C. Neal MD' to see if I could get it cheaper and was able to read and listen to part of the book. I 'm not going to order it.