Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 34 of 40 First ... 243233343536 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sat 12/14/2019
    Daily Scripture & Reflection
    When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. Matthew 1:24 NIV

A Time to Think
    At Christmas, all roads lead home.—Marjorie Holmes

A Time to Act

As you reflect on Advent, look to Joseph’s faith and how his actions are shaped by his deep trust in God.

A Time to Pray

Heavenly father, in this time of preparation and renewal help me to be obedient to Your Will and Your Word.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sun 12/15/2019
    Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:14 KJV

A Time to Think
    Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.—Peg Bracken.

A Time to Act

When you are experiencing chaos or troubling times, Jesus is an anchor of security, the true Source of heavenly peace.

A Time to Pray
    Lord Jesus, when I am filled with doubt and fear remind me that no matter what I need, Your spirit can touch my heart and fill me with peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mon 12/16/2019
    Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7 NIV

A Time to Think
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you. —John Bunyan

A Time to Act

In the hustle and bustle of Christmas be aware of opportunities to give.

A Time to Pray

Heavenly Father, thank You for pleasure I feel when I bring joy to others. The more I give of myself, the more blessed my life becomes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tue 12/17/2019
    But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son. Galatians 4:4 NIV

A Time to Think

We must cease striving and trust God to provide what He thinks is best and in whatever time He chooses to make it available. —Charles R. Swindoll

A Time to Act

Know that nothing is ever too soon or too late that is done in God’s time.

A Time to Pray

Heavenly Father, when I’m in the midst of waiting, guide me to remember Your timing is always perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wed 12/18/2019
    “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” John 13:34 NIV

A Time to Think

The greatest joys in life are found not only in what we do and feel, but also in our quiet hopes and labors for others. —Bryant McGill

A Time to Act
    Take heart! Recognize family is one of God’s greatest gifts and treasure your time together.

A Time to Pray

Dear God, thank You, for my family. Shine your love and harmony on us during this holiday season and help me to see them as precious blessings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thu 12/19/2019
    And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18:3 NIV

A Time to Think
    The light in a child's eyes is all it takes to make a Christmas the magical time of the year. —Anonymous

A Time to Act
    Reflect on what is was like to be a child the night before Christmas.

A Time to Pray
    Heavenly Father, give me a child’s heart. Fill my spirit with your heaven-sent gifts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fri 12/20/2019
    But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.” Luke 2:10-11 NIV

A Time to Think

Christmas, my child, is love in action. —Dale Evans, actress, singer and songwriter

A Time to Act

Spread the joyful news.

A Time to Pray

Dear God, help me be one of Your messengers and share the good news this Advent season.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sat 12/21/2019
    And Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” Luke 1:38 ESV

A Time to Think
    To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.—Calvin Coolidge

A Time to Act
    Share with others how important they are to you.

A Time to Pray

Dear God, guide me to respond to life’s challenges with, “Let it be.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Sun 12/22/2019

Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker. Psalm 95:6 NIV

A Time to Think

All the Christmas presents in the world are worth nothing without the presence of Christ. —David Jeremiah, author

A Time to Act

Today, reflect with gratitude and awe at the wonder of His birth.

A Time to Pray

Heavenly Father, today I’ll sing Your praises in my heart. Glory to God in the highest!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mon 12/23/2019
    And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes, and laid Him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. Luke 2:7 KJV

A Time to Think
    Keeping Christmas is good, but sharing it is better. –Arnold Glasow, author

A Time to Act

Make the best of any situation, especially the challenging ones.

A Time to Pray

Heavenly Father, help me to recognize that as long as I do my best, it is enough.