Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 9 of 40 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fri 3/22/2019 8
    Daily Scripture & Reflection
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9 NIV

A Time to Think

We may live victoriously, not because we have any power within ourselves, but because when we give ourselves to God, He gives himself to us. —Norman Vincent Peale

A Time to Act

Be open to God’s plan and will.

A Time to Pray

Lord, I am so thankful You’re with me throughout the day. Let me see every morning as a fresh start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sat 3/23/2019
    For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues from generation to generation. Psalm 100:5

A Time to Think

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit. –Helen Keller, author, political activist and lecturer

A Time to Act

Learn to think calmly and confidently, no matter what comes your way.

A Time to Pray

Dear Lord, help me to remember that the brightness of Your loving presence is always with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sun 3/24/2019
    A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. Proverbs 25:11

A Time to Think

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa

A Time to Act

Make someone's day. Tell them how much you appreciate them.

A Time to Pray

Dear Lord, help me to remember my words hold power. Help me use them only to heal, help and encourage another.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mon 3/25/2019
    The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart.... Luke 6:45

A Time to Think
    To be grateful is to recognize the love of God in everything He has given us–and He has given us everything. –Thomas Merton, writer and poet

A Time to Act

Reach out and help someone by sharing your love and time.

A Time to Pray

Lord, grant me the wisdom and energy to share what I have with others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tue 3/26/2019
    Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

A Time to Think

Humans may be social beings, but solitude has been shown to have great societal value. Jesus was a great healer and teacher, but he took time to rest and pray. Solitude is essential for our spiritual experience–it is where we hear the still, small voice. –Lucille Zimmerman, author

A Time to Act

Think of your day as channel for God’s blessings.

A Time to Pray

Dear Lord, help me keep close to You today. Whatever strength I possess comes from You.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wed 3/27/2019
    He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit. Titus 3:5

A Time to Think

Courage is born at the point where God's grace and human effort intersect. –Father Timothy M. Gallagher, author

A Time to Act
    Live with the thought of being in God's care.
    A Time to Pray
    Lord, give me the courage to stretch past my safe boundaries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thu 3/28/2019
    Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:22

A Time to Think

What God brings you to, God takes you through. –Reverend Sharon Connors, author

A Time to Act

Take comfort knowing God is with you.

A Time to Pray

Dear Lord, help me to persevere in prayer when things seem impossible, knowing that You are the God of possibilities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fri 3/29/2019
    And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6

A Time to Think

One of the best ways to demonstrate God's love is to listen to people. –Bruce Larsen, author

A Time to Act

Today, listen more than you speak.

A Time to Pray

Dear Lord, may I give to someone today my friendship. May I let them rest in my love and care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sat 3/30/2019
    Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? 1 Corinthians 3:16

A Time to Think

God walks with us. He scoops us up in His arms or simply sits with us in silent strength until we cannot avoid the awesome recognition that yes, even now, He is there. –Gloria Gaither, songwriter

A Time to Act

Put your problems in God's hands.

A Time to Pray

Lord, help me to take the opportunities You give me and work with them, not against them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mon 4/1/2019
    [GFDP banner FY19]
    Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. James 5:13

A Time to Think

Laughter is the most beautiful and beneficial therapy God ever granted humanity. —Chuck Swindoll

A Time to Act

Today notice the little things that make your day special.

A Time to Pray

On this April Fool’s Day, Lord, help me to admire beauty, cherish friendships, count blessings and laugh!