Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jigsawguy,
    I would love to see your Earth map puzzle. Did you take any photos of it?
    ~~ Thanks, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Spoula,
    What are you crocheting?
    Hi Jean Marie,
    I took some yarn on vacation and started knitting a cute little vest for the new baby boy due in February.
    I finished the bottom rib part and started the top part which had cable stitches and a big X in the middle of the vest between the cables (knitting). I had some yarn left over from the C2C blanket I had made for him and the pattern picture of the vest was yellow and blue with some white. It was turning out pretty good but you could not see the difference between the yellow and the white so the middle design was not showing up the way I wanted so I just stopped on it. I also brought some cross stitch with me and started on that. My eyes are not what they use to be and my nice X's looked more like big lumps. I finished quite a bit of the picture but I am not happy with it and I want to start over maybe with a bigger fabric as 14 is small. My husband says it looks good and I should just finish it.

I am winding down now after 7 loads of clothes, cooking lunch and I was up at 4 this morning so I am going to get a cup of coffee and read the forum news then my emails.

Spoula

3. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dancing Baehr,
    I just love puzzles and very large ones at that. I use to do them all the time and on each of my birthdays my son would buy me ones that were even harder. On of the ones that I mentioned to Jean Marie is a very large Eifel Tower 3D with lots of tiny pieces. My husband was separating them when he saw the puzzle and I told him to stop I would never be able to complete it. So I never started it and I just thought about that puzzle again when Jean Marie shared hers with us. I started on baby clothes and things and forgot all about how much I enjoyed puzzles too.

By the way I just saw your items you made for your girls and they are great I liked all 3 of them. I like your work and designs.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    Sounds like you've been busy. Where did you have the time? And you went to Paris too. Maybe you did some crocheting over there? But still that's a lot of work crocheting. I'm sure that dress for your granddaughter that you want to make will look cute.

I'm working on an order for my neighbor. She wants a XXL football hat for her husband in the Michigan colors - blue and maize (a golden yellow). I'm crocheting it like the reindeer hat. I made a flat circle for the top of the hat in blue and have a golden yellow stripe.

Also I have a doll dress and another dress I haven't finished.
    Jean Marie
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 01-13-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi dancingbaehr,
    A 3 layer puzzle? I've never seen one. Sounds interesting. How many pieces is it?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Dancing Baehr,
    I just love puzzles and very large ones at that. I use to do them all the time and on each of my birthdays my son would buy me ones that were even harder. On of the ones that I mentioned to Jean Marie is a very large Eifel Tower 3D with lots of tiny pieces. My husband was separating them when he saw the puzzle and I told him to stop I would never be able to complete it. So I never started it and I just thought about that puzzle again when Jean Marie shared hers with us. I started on baby clothes and things and forgot all about how much I enjoyed puzzles too.

By the way I just saw your items you made for your girls and they are great I liked all 3 of them. I like your work and designs.

Spoula
    Hi Spoula,
    Thank you for your nice comment about what I made our granddaughters! They were definitely a labor of love! (and fun to make) I hope you will attempt to make the Eiffel Tower puzzle some time. I'd love to see a photo of it.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    Last edited by dancingbaehr; 01-13-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi dancingbaehr,
    A 3 layer puzzle? I've never seen one. Sounds interesting. How many pieces is it?
    Jean Marie
    Hi Jean Marie,
    Gee, I don't know how many pieces are in the 3 layer puzzle. I am not sure where I have put it! I never worked it, but will attempt it some day.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi dancinbaehr,
    I have a round puzzle too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,
    I haven't worked a round puzzle. Sounds fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a little bit more challenging because it's round.