Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Is everyone ready for snow?

It is amazing about the east coast already dealing with snow. I need to get in gear and go get two more tires on my car.

We are supposed to have some rain/snow mix here in the four states (OK/MO/KS/AR) tonight. It will not accumulate, but I hear this voice saying - you need to get your tires.

I hear a lot of people saying we are in for a hard winter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it funny how the change in seasons affect different people? I was watching the television last weekend when the East coast got hit so hard so early and was trying to remember the last time we had snow before Halloween. My memory (although failing at times) tells me it was sometime in the early '80s.

But now that I'm in the desert southwest, I really have to laugh when I go into the shops. They all have the winter wear on the racks with the A/C blowing strong!

This week was the first week since last spring that we were actually able to leave the A/C off for the better part of the day.

To tell you the truth, I don't miss the snow at all. But, when I find I really need a fix, a 2 hour drive from here will put me in some of the best ski resorts in the country.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

3. Likes NanaMavis77 liked this post
    My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am never ready for snow...in fact I quite like the look of it but apart from that, we must admit it can be hard to maneuver in snow...I don't drive myself but I remember my husband got stuck one day on his way back from work and I was very worried when he told me he nearly had an accident! It is not practical to walk in the snow also when I go to the shop on foot...having said all that, I enjoy playing in the snow with Candy; Candy absolutely loves it, she rubs her nose in it then runs towards me!! And needless to say, she knocks me over (she weighs more than me and is really big). To answer the question, this year, I am not ready; I must get another coat and get some gear for Justine as well.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't mind the snow so much as the cold that goes with it. You know, when it's 0 degrees out and the wind is blowing. That's the only thing that makes my dog want to stay inside!

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest, I'm up in NW Pennsylvania and I was surprised we didn't get snow until right before Halloween. We had below-freezing nights in mid-September, so I was surprised it held out that long and on Halloween it was just sprinkling. This past winter, my town got voted Weather.com's 2nd Worst Weather City Fargo Wins Title as 'America's Toughest Weather City'.

Right now it's oddly warm, but I think it's just trying to lure us into a false sense of security. That's ok, because we already pulled out the snow shovel and winter clothes and our pantry is stocked. Heh. ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    I am happy to live in Sonoma County CA- my getting ready for snow entails seeing bits of it in surrounding mountains and hearing about snowfall in the Sierras. I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois- a definite snow capital. I have lived virtually snow free on the west coast for 25 yrs. My favorite snow- the kind you drive to Our winters are rainy.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are times I want to go to a place where there is SNOW! Since I live in a tropical country, its soooo hot ALWAYS. If not HOT then humid. I want to try a WHITE CHRISTMAS one time. Hihi. Here in the Philippines, we don't have "winter." We only have 2 seasons. RAINY and SUNNY. LOL.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recognize what you are talking about Kaisensei...my country of origin and that of my husband is Mauritius but he has lived in the UK much longer than I have. Although I have had white Christmases of course, I also remember the ones I spent in Mauritius (tropical island in the southern hemisphere): warm and humid!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    I hope they are wrong, we have already had snow further north. I wish snow would arrive the day before Christmas and leave the day after New Years............ Thats not nice what about all those winte sports people love. Goes to show how old I am. He He !!

Post Thanks / Like
    I grew up in Chicago and we regularly got pounded with snow, often a couple of feet at a time. I learned to drive in those conditions but never really liked it. Now I live at the southern end of the states and we get a few inches a couple of times a year. I still don't like snow. If it were up to me, it could snow on Christmas so we have the picture perfect holiday and then I'd be happy if that were the end of it. Don't mean to be a party poop for those who love it. It's just not my thing.