Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

New Roll Call for the Night Owls/Daytime Chat 33

Time to start a New Roll Call! This is #33!!! How time does fly? Come join in the chat with us. Grab a drink and your favorite chair and let's share about topics that interests us. Well, let's get started!

(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 08-11-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dear Ladies! Praying that your day is being wonderfully blessed!

It's another beautiful day with a slight rain and lots of sunshine. Before the rain this morning, I watered my patio garden. The cucumbers are getting taller and I'm waiting on the first tomatoes to make an appearance. That'll be a while 'cuz there's only one yellow blossom on one of the plants. That's why patience is a virtue! After reading my Bible scripture, I meditated on its meaning. Fully comprehending its meaning!

Kitchen Chat...

I put chicken quarters in the crockpot and boiled potatoes on the stovetop, making mashed potatoes for dinner. Plus mixed veggies and garlic bread! I'm on week 2 of three meatless meals this week. I had a yellow mango for lunch. My younger daughter bought it for me 'cuz she wanted me to try it. I buy mangos in a different color. The yellow mango was delicious!

Sunday...Off to Church

The worship service was powerful. The message was taken from Acts 6:1-8. The sermonic topic was "Seven Men Chosen to Serve."

Yard Work...
    The lawn service came on Monday and manicured the yard beautifully. I noticed after getting the mail out the mailbox today that a couple of the hedges had shoots standing straight and tall. So, it was time for me to use my hedge trimmers and bring those hedges back to order!lol

Tuesday's Grocery Shopping...But I Didn't Do It!

Yes, you heard it right! Normally, my older daughter and I grocery shop together. This time, she did the shopping while I remained at home. I had decided to clean the refrigerator while she shopped for our groceries. Fresh food and a clean refrigerator...a perfect combination!

The Stores...

Wednesday, I ran a few errands including going to Big Lots and Family Dollar. I feel so blessed that many stores are within minutes of my home.

Ladies, this is a portion of my daily happenings this week. What are yours?

~A Grateful Lady~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello.everyone..It.has.been.a.beautiful.day.here.. We.had.a.little.shower.but.that.was.all..My.flower s.are.very.pretty.and.my.zuchinni.are.going.crazy. LOL..I.made.some.zuchinni.bread.the.other.day.and. it.is.already.gone.so.I.am.going.to.make.some.more ..I.have.picked.at.least.7.so.far.and.there.is.sti ll.more.out.there.coming.on...I.have.not.had.to.wa ter.my.plants.very.much.this.summer.because.God.wa tered.them.for.me..and.His.water.is.so.much.better .
    I.did.some.laundry.today.and.dishes..then.sat.with .my.leg.up.for.awhile.then.swept.the.kitchen.floor ...I.am.not.overdoing.it.because.I.want.to.make.su re.it.is.ok.before.I.start.doing.too.much..
    I.made.homemade.meatloaf.for.supper.and.mashed.pot atoes.and.peas.
    I.am.almost.to.the.end.of.my.yoga.mat.carrier.then .I.can.put.the.bottom.on.it.and.the.handle.then.I. will.be.done.then.I.will.start.another.project..I. don't.know.for.sure.just.yet.what.that.will.be.I.w ill.have.to.go.through.my.patterns.and.see.what.I. want.to.start.next..I.am.going.to.start.on.my.Chri stmas.gifts.soon.for.the.family.and.some.friends.. ...Next.month.I.am.going.to.have.a.yard.sale.so.I. am.getting.things.ready.for.that..
    My.grandson.turned.4.on.Wednesday.and.that.was.als o.a.special.day.for.me.and.my.fiance'.We.have.been .together.8.years.and.still.doing.good.We.are.look ing.for.another.8.years.or.more.together.as.long.a s.the.Lord.is.willing...My.daughter.and.grandson.a re.visiting.tonight.and.going.home.tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta, your gardens sound lovely. What kind of flowers do you grow? That zucchini bread sounds tasty. Wishing you the best on your yard sale next month! Happy Anniversary to you and your fiancé. (((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyrose View Post
    Sonnetta, your gardens sound lovely. What kind of flowers do you grow? That zucchini bread sounds tasty. Wishing you the best on your yard sale next month! Happy Anniversary to you and your fiancé. (((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~
    Thank.you.Butterflyrose...I.have.snapdragons.and.p etunias.and.roses..My.snapdragons.one.yellow,one.r ed,and.one.coral.My.petunias.are.all.purple.and.wh ite..I.have.a.red.rose.and.a.coral.rose.in.memory. of.my.mom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dear Ladies! Hoping your day is filled with love, peace and joy!

Where do I start? It's been about 3 months since I've come on the site. Need I say, I've been active and totally enjoying life!!! I decorated my home(family room and kitchen) for the fall season. It looked seasonal, cozy, fun and elegant. Throws, pillows, pumpkins, wreaths, linens, garlands and dishware portraying the season. Including a ceramic turkey!

Now that fall has passed, the décor has been removed and my home awaits the winter décor. I must say that I really enjoy decorating for Christmas. One of my favorite times of the year! Decorating will take place during the coming week.
    I'm excited about selecting what items I'll use this year, the arrangement and color scheme. It's like shopping, but I don't have to leave home and make a purchase. My own in-house Christmas store!lol

(((HUGS)))Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dear Ladies! Praying that your life is filled with God's many blessings!

It's Just Amazing...

My plan was to deep clean the kitchen last night and I did accomplish quite a bit. Then, I looked at my breakfast area and was just intending to clean the place mats and rearrange the dishes on the table. That just started it all! Before I knew it, the table was being transformed for Christmas. I headed to my dining room to get the Christmas linens. I stood on a chair to get the Christmas dinnerware off the top ledge of the kitchen cabinets. And in a short time, it was beginning to look a lot like Christmas in my kitchen!!! Oh, how exciting...I am called the "Christmas Lady" by my children. One of my favorite times of the year! Today, do something that makes you happy!

~Enjoy Life~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Good evening Dear Ladies! I hope you're having a blessed day.

I had no idea that it was this late(12:21am)! How time flies when you're having FUN! Today my younger daughter and I went to church. She drove her car and I drove mine into the city a bit later. Most times, my daughters and I travel to church together. The sermon was powerful. Praise God! My daughter is a soloist and she sings with a great anointing. Today was such a day! After church service, church conference was held. There are many interesting and exciting activities/ways to minister to others planned. I'm looking forward to participating in many of them. Remember, do something that makes you happy!

My younger daughter stopped to pick up dinner for us. After dinner, I reviewed the "church happenings" and began formulating plans for my participation. Still have more to do! Also, working on my "list of chores" from time to time as I watch tv or watch Youtube videos or talk to my daughters.

~Enjoy Life~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello!
    I was really alone this week-end. I even crocheted a bit watching the biathlon competitions.
    The weather is windy but not really cold these days. I was not cold at home, used one nice blanket.
    Today I did not meet any pigeons. I miss them. I hope, they are alive. Poor birds.
    Have a good day
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was lovely. We spent it with our daughter and her family in West Virginia. Our weather here in New Jersey is extremely cold, temperatures are in the low 20s or even single digits. I am definitely not getting along with the cold weather this year. So I only go out when I absolutely have to. I hope you all have a blessed and wonderful new year.

Mary