Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

My Lastest Challenge is Exciting!

I love challenges! For this particular one, I've been preparing my mind this week. I plan to have a "No Spend Week!" It begins on Sunday, Jan.29-Sunday, Feb. 5. To prepare for "No Spend Week," I've planned activities(lists) which will also include meal planning for the upcoming week. These visual aids will help me to stay focused. It will be my very first time planning to NOT spend any money.

Please join me if you'd like a "No Spend Week" too! Please share if you've done this challenge in the past and your outcome. How did you prepare for this challenge? Come by and share your successes and we can encourage one another during the challenge.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My challenge ends on the 4th. NOT the 5th. One day longer would be a bit much for me.lol

Update:Sunday, no money spent. But I almost did spend some money to buy dinner until I remembered I was on a "no spend.". So I prepared my dinner at home.
    Didn't grocery shop on Saturday, so I bought chicken for dinner(grocery fund) today. Still on target! So I really need to get to the store to pick up some food items!

Another update coming soon!:-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Good afternoon everyone,

My "No Spend Week" is going well. I haven't bought any take-out/dining out meals at all! Neither been shopping for all the things I enjoy! Tuesday(Jan. 31), my older daughter and I went grocery shopping so I've been preparing my meals at home. That's breakfast, lunch and dinner! Before going shopping, I ate breakfast to be sure I wouldn't buy a meal out. My daughter did buy herself a meal; I was determined to not spend anything. That's real self-control!

We also went to Dollar Tree . I saw some really cute stickers that I liked, but I restrained myself from making a purchase. You guessed it! My daughter bought me the package of stickers that I liked most. She wanted to buy me the others, but I absolutely wouldn't let her indulge me any more. She's a treasure!

Yesterday, my younger daughter treated me to a steak finger basket w/fries and a drink for dinner from Dairy Queen. What a sweetheart!

As I reminisce over these past few days, all I really wanted was some stickers and a take-out meal. And my daughters fulfilled those desires! This week is proving to be a real eye-opener for me. Now, I have today and tomorrow and then I can return to life as I know it or will I choose to curtail my spending even a bit more? Just waiting to see what the end results will be!

P.S. In planning for this week, I had pre-planned for two birthdays(cards and a gift), so no unplanned money was spent. Success!

~With a grateful heart~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Butterflyrose! First let me say I enjoy all your posts. Often you make me smile on one of my "bad" days. As for the no spending-congrats to you for even attempting it. It is very hard as I know. Due to many circumstances I must live without spending (except for groceries). Eating out is not an option. In my case I ask myself if I truly NEED an item or simply want it. Many times I find I can replicate an item with supplies I already have. Takes some thought and inventiveness but makes me feel proud when it works out. Of course there are times when spending is a must but can manage those if I have been consistently watching my pennies. Keep up with your posts,I will be watching for them! imalefty

6. Thanks Butterflyrose thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! Peter spends money not me
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! What's your secret to not spending money?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    Hi Butterflyrose! First let me say I enjoy all your posts. Often you make me smile on one of my "bad" days. As for the no spending-congrats to you for even attempting it. It is very hard as I know. Due to many circumstances I must live without spending (except for groceries). Eating out is not an option. In my case I ask myself if I truly NEED an item or simply want it. Many times I find I can replicate an item with supplies I already have. Takes some thought and inventiveness but makes me feel proud when it works out. Of course there are times when spending is a must but can manage those if I have been consistently watching my pennies. Keep up with your posts,I will be watching for them! imalefty
    imalefty, your kind words are so touching. Thank you, I really appreciate it! May the blessings of God prosper you and keep you. Your creative abilities are a real blessing! I learned so much in my endeavor to not spend any money that I'm willing to try it again. It was a humbling experience; having the right mindset for this challenge was very important. I truly gained from my "No Spend Week."

~With a grateful heart~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not have money then I do not spend
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    A week would be hard for me as I buy the Sunday paper each week for the coupons. I think you have a good idea though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    I do not have money then I do not spend
    Thanks for your response. What areas are you creative and you don't spend money? What options do you use?