Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,Butterflyrose! You are doing really well with your challenge. I was able to spend a bit today by being in the right place at the right time. I found a free crochet pattern for a rectangular basket. Since I am working on Christmas gifts am always on the lookout for ideas. This pattern calls for bulky yarn which I rarely use. At Walmart today getting groceries I decided to peek at the yarn. Found lovely multi color bulky yarn that was on Rollback. Less than $3 a skein! I was so pleased! Being careful of what one spends makes the unexpected bargain oh so sweet! Have a good week-imalefty

2. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    imalefty, hello to you! I'm so glad you were able to find a real bargain on yarn. I hope you receive much enjoyment as you crochet. Again, thank you for your kind words.~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Today, a friend and I went out to lunch. It was pre-planned prior to this week so I'm still doing well in this "No Spend Week."

Post Thanks / Like
    Final Report...March 5- 12

I had a successful "No Spend Week!" It helped greatly that my younger daughter enjoys buying meals for me. Eating out/take out is an area that I like to spend money!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's A "No Spend Week" for Me!!!...just "1 indulgence"

After vacationing and indulging myself completely this month, I just decided at this Very Moment to declare June 24-30 a "NSW!" The only purchases that are pre-planned are grocery items if needed and I'll allow myself "1 indulgence." I love challenging myself to do something different...a change of pace is always good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Report on Last Week's "No Spend Week"...

It was a SUCCESS! My allowed "1 Indulgence" was wall art for my bedroom and I used a portion of my grocery allowance to buy lunch for myself and 2 daughters. I ended up saving, of course; by having a "NSW!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Paper Towel Challenge this Week!...Monday-Sunday are the Dates...

I use soooooo many paper towels that I'm challenging myself to use only the 1/2 roll that is on the dispenser this entire week. It will help the environment and me! I have plenty of dishtowels that I can use in place of paper towels. Let's see if I can survive without using another roll of paper towels this week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wednesday Update...

There's still 1/4 of the paper towel roll left. So, I put all my dish towels in the washer and dried them in the dryer, folded them, put remaining ones in kitchen drawer and left a couple out for use. I'm ready to make this week without taking out another roll of paper towels. I Can Do It!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I Did It!!!

The "Paper Towel Challenge" was a success! I didn't replace the roll after I'd used all of the 1/2 roll left on the dispenser. I used dish towels and it really wasn't so bad! I just used my 1st paper towel only a few minutes ago. I wouldn't have known that I could live without paper towels if I hadn't challenged myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't spent any un-necessary money in a week. I don't count groceries as 'spending' , but have bought very few . Going to the 'city' today for drs appt, so we will see.

12. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post