Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mnleona View Post
    A week would be hard for me as I buy the Sunday paper each week for the coupons. I think you have a good idea though.
    Leona, you would do quite well in a "No Spend Week." Since couponing is part of your lifestyle, you'd pre-plan to buy the newspaper so you'd be able to continue saving money the following week. Therefore, yours would be a "No Spend Week." Just as I pre-planned to buy gifts for 2 birthdays during the week of my "NSW!" That's why preparing to do a "NSW" is so important! I was so pleased with how well I did. I'll be doing this challenge again!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I did spend money to have my car washed during my "NSW!" It was done before I thought about it; but I didn't think anything about it because my car needed it. No regrets!lol

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no way I would have a no spend week. I take 6 different meds and almost every week I have to refill one of my prescriptions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    There is no way I would have a no spend week. I take 6 different meds and almost every week I have to refill one of my prescriptions.
    Meerkat, you would be able to do it. The key to success is pre-planning for the week. Money is allotted for you to take care of your medical and other essential needs. But money such as spur-of- the- moment shopping for clothing(which we both love) shouldn't be done. If there's an event during this week and you must shop for clothing, money would have already been set aside during your preparation time for "No Spend Week." Therefore, you aren't spending unplanned money. I enjoyed this challenge so much that I'll be doing it again. And I really did save some money during my "No Spend Week!"

Post Thanks / Like
    I use to be terrible about impulse buying but I am getting better at it. But my boyfriend buys all the food when we go out. I very seldom go anywhere without him. We have been dating for 17 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Because of my disability income we don't have the money to spend once the bills are paid. We are running low on food and other things now until the first so i am just using what i have on hand to come up with meals and last month I used a tiny bit of laundry soap to do dishes. I know things will be better starting next month since it is just the two of us again. i thank the Lord for what we have. The only time we eat out is on the first unless my son comes and gets something. Now that it is just the two of us again we will be able to have a little extra money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    I use to be terrible about impulse buying but I am getting better at it. But my boyfriend buys all the food when we go out. I very seldom go anywhere without him. We have been dating for 17 months.
    Good for you that you've curtailed your spending on impulse! Most of my purchases are now planned 'cuz I find that my needs/wants have already been met. Congratulations on having a caring boyfriend. May you enjoy every moment of your time together.(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnetta View Post
    Because of my disability income we don't have the money to spend once the bills are paid. We are running low on food and other things now until the first so i am just using what i have on hand to come up with meals and last month I used a tiny bit of laundry soap to do dishes. I know things will be better starting next month since it is just the two of us again. i thank the Lord for what we have. The only time we eat out is on the first unless my son comes and gets something. Now that it is just the two of us again we will be able to have a little extra money.
    Sonnetta, praying that all your needs are met and increase flows and remains in your household. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting Ready for Another "No Spend Week"...Next Week! Starts Sunday, March 5-12

That means no money is to be spent except for those pre-planned purchases. I will allow myself "1" indulgence next week! I just have to have a lil' fun, don't you agree?lol Planning for this upcoming week is most important. Being in the right mindset will make all the difference in the "No Spend Week" being a success! Will anyone be joining me in this challenge?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! This "No Spend Week" is going great. Since Sunday, I've had no reason to go to the stores to shop and spend money. My dear younger daughter has purchased several meals for me...a real godsend! Eating out is what I love to do! And I've only had the "1" indulge which I allowed myself this week! ~Enjoying the Challenge~Butterflyrose