Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Page 10 of 11 First ... 891011 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good afternoon Dear Ladies, Praying that your dreams come true!

After having a wonderful, thought-provoking conversation with my younger daughter and prayer time, I am now concentrating on my staycation. It starts on Monday. I completed my itinerary this morning and now my thoughts turn to easy meal preparation for next week. Going to the grocery store will surely help me spend less as I'm challenging myself to use $100 or less for my staycation. This does not include groceries, gifts for Christmas/other occasions or gas for traveling nearby while on my staycation. This one hundred dollars is strictly "fun money." During my staycation, I want to gain a fresh perspective and see my city and surrounding areas in a new light. I'm looking forward to being blessed in a new and different way. I'm praying to be a blessing to others too!(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good evening Dear Ladies, Praying that your day is filled with JOY!

I'm having a great day! I'm on staycation...having fun! In my traveler's notebook, I have a list of activities from which to choose. I've planned my daily activities/excursions, meals and also decorated my notebook. Each day, I awaken...excited about the day! Expecting surprises along the way just adds to the day. Feeling so blessed!

~With a grateful heart~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Good evening Dear Ladies! Praying that your lives are being abundantly blessed!

After a wonderful week of being on staycation, I am feeling so very blessed! This week had a lovely beginning with attending church on Sunday. Afterwards, we stopped at Luby's where I ordered my dinner. Daughters meals came from other restaurants. On Monday, the lawn service came and manicured the front, back and side yards. It looks beautiful! On Tuesday, I gave the hedges a mini-trim. I also planted cucumber seeds and the crown of a pineapple in my patio garden. The tomato and okra plants are thriving. I bought the plants and seeds while on staycation. We went to the movies on Tuesday, an evening movie and returned home close to midnight. What fun we had! Yesterday, I spent time doing household chores and continued them today. My older daughter helped with some of the chores today! Watering the garden was on the list! I wrote an entry in the journal insert that I made a few months ago. This insert is being used to record my experiences at the movies that I attend. I cooked chicken soup in the crockpot today. Chicken, chicken noodle soup, organic carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, red bell pepper and squash. My younger daughter ordered herself a meal and I ordered hushpuppies to eat with my chicken soup. It was delicious! I love soup no matter the season. Tonight I have two more chores that I want to do and then my list will be complete...mission accomplished! A clean home always makes me smile!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! It is Friday!!!
    Have a good day
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,everyone!..What.a.wonderful.day..Today.was.m y.relaxing.day..for.the.past.5.days.I.have.been..c leaning.the.house.real.good..I.did.the.bedroom.a.c ouple.days.ago.and.scrubbed.the.floor..Tomorrow.I. am.going.to.try.and.do.the.closet..Today.we.had.bb q.ribs.and.hash.browns.for.supper.and.some.green.b eans..I.have.been.growing.some.zucchini.by.my.pati o.and.I.have.picked.5.so.far.I.looked.the.other.da y.and.I.have.2.small.ones.on.there.and.at.least.8. to.10.blooms..I.am.going.to.make.some.zucchini.bre ad.and.cake.and.make.some.other.recipes.with.it.to o....Next.week.we.are.going.to.a.new.thrift.store. we.heard.about.and.a.yard.sale.that.has.yarn.for.s ale..I.can.always.use.yarn..Right.now.I.am.making. a.yoga.mat.carrier.but.I.guess.you.could.put.sleep ing.bags.or.blankets.in.it.too.I.am.half.way.done. with.it....God.bless.and.have.a.wonderful.evening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good evening Dear Ladies! Praying that your weekend is joyful!

What a beautiful day it is! My daughters and I always enjoy having lively conversations with each other. This weekend was no different! Our conversations vary from being thought-provoking to ones that cause us great laughter. What a joy it is to have them in my life!

Today, I shopped at Ross. I found some pretty decorative balls for a vase that I'm continuing to fill with balls, nuts and flowers. Shhhhhhhhh... I found one of my older daughter's birthday gifts while I was there. It was exactly what I was looking for!

My next stop was Target. As I leisurely strolled the aisles, I thoroughly enjoyed the new layout of the store. The book department captured my attention for a while. There's a Danielle Steel book, "The Duchess" that I've already put on my list of books to read. I'm a collector and huge fan of hers! Along with "A Man Called Ove" that a couple of Crochet Talk members have already read, it's on my list too. The home décor/furniture section was interesting to view also. Furniture design is an art form that I enjoy. In the school supplies section, the journals were varied and looking at the different layouts/designs was entertaining. In the grocery department, I purchased a head of lettuce for the tacos that I made for dinner. They were delicious! I bought a couple of bananas too!

After returning home, I prepared dinner. Now, I'll start my household chores. A change of pace, indeed!

Last edited by Butterflyrose; 07-29-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good evening Dear Ladies! Praying that you are enjoying life!

Another gorgeous day! I noticed the beauty of this day as my older daughter and I made our trip to morning church service. More cars than usual were on the freeway today. Round trip for us is approximately 50 miles! The sermon was taken from Matthew 25:14-21-"Parable of the Three Servants." Our pastor and wife are on a mission in Missouri and the minister of our church gave The Proclamation of The Word.

After service, we went to $.99 Store while in the city. We like shopping there when time permits as we live nowhere near a $.99 Store. I bought some fresh fruit and veggies. Along with a few other items! We made a stop to pick up dinner and then headed home. A relaxing evening lies ahead...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good.evening.everyone..Today.was..a.relaxing.day.f or.me..I.read.my.devotionals,prayed,and.relaxed.in .the.pool.a.little..I.have.not.found.a.good.church .around.here.They.just.don't.give.me.what.I.need.s o.I.watch.Joel.Osteen.in.the..mornings,and.read.th e.word.and.devotionals..I.am.still.looking.for.a.g ood.church..Joel.Osteen.always.has.a.sermon.that.I .need.to.hear..Somehow.it.always.pertains.to.what. I.am.going.through.or.just.something.I.needed.to.h ear.Today.it.was.about.the.Heavenly.Father.and.how .much.He.loves.us.and.how.we.need.to.remember.we.a re.a.child.of.the.most.High.God.and.how.He.can.men d.our.past.hurts.and.broken.hearts..He.also.remind ed.me.of.how.we.don't.have.to.live.in.the.poverty. and.abuse.of.our.families.that.we.can.break.the.ge nerational.curse.and.we.can.move.up.past.all.that. .what.a.wonderful.message.
    I.sat.out.on.my.porch.for.a.while.crocheting.and.e njoying.God's.creations.and.listening.to.the.songs .of.the.birds...As.I.relaxed.in.the.pool.and.looki ng.at.the.beautiful.blue.sky.and.white.fluffy.clou ds.I.thanked.the.Lord.for.a.beautiful.day.and.for. all.the.wonderful.blessings.He.has.given.me..I.hea r.the.cicadas.in.the.trees.as.I.am.sitting.in.my.l iving.room.We.have.a.couple.trees.right.by.our.por ch.It.is.such.a.soothing.sound..Have.a.wonderful.a nd.blessed.evening.and.God.bless.
    Sonnetta

Post Thanks / Like
    Good evening Dear Ladies! Praying that contentment dwells within you!

Upon awakening this morning, I discovered that it had rained. Throughout the day, we've have a light downpour. It was so beautiful that I went outside to just feel it on my skin. While outside, I checked on my patio garden. Yesterday, there were 3 cucumber seedlings and today there are 8 seedlings. What a wonderful surprise! The 2 okras are growing nicely on the plants and the tomato plants are getting taller.

I prepared a grilled jalapeno cheese sandwich, cherries and orange juice for breakfast. In the meantime, I made my first ever cabbage soup. Making good use of the veggies I bought on Sunday! The cabbage soup will be perfect for my meatless meal challenge. For lunch, I had homemade chicken soup, whole wheat bread and lemonade with mint.

I am doing my budget review, planning and leisurely doing some household chores. Laundry is at the top of the list! It has a way of building itself without much effort, but I meet that laundry head on.lol Feeling so blessed! Enjoy your day Ladies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good.evening.ladies
    .It.has.been.a.lovely.day.today.We.are.supposed.to .get.some.rain.tonight,tomorrow.and.the.next.day.
    I.have.picked.a.total.of.6.zucchini.and.still.have .more.growing..My.flowers.really.perked.up.with.al l.the.rain.we.had.My.roses.are.really.pretty..I.ha ve.a.coral.color.and.a.red.one...The.coral.color.i s.in.memory.of.my.beloved.mom.It.was.her.favorite. color...
    My.daughter.came.to.stay.to.help.me.out.for.a.few. days.because.of.my.leg..They.said.I.would.be.able. to.walk.but.only.for.a.short.distance.Tomorrow.he. is.going.to.have.me.walking.every.hour.for.about.a .minute.or.two.each.time..They.told.me.today.that. my.leg.will.have.3.layers.of.wrapping.on.it.for.a. few.days..We.had.a.cheesy.chicken.and.stuffing.cas serole.for.supper...

I.hope.you.all.have.a.very.blessed.evening.and.God .bless
    Sonnetta