Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Just finished last night Egypt's Sister by Angela A. Hunt. Great read.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm reading The Power of I Am by Joel Osteen. I love it's uplifting message.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm reading State of Fear by Michael Crichton it's ok but maybe it'll get better as I get into it. Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    Started A Name Unknown by Roseanna M. White

Post Thanks / Like
    If you like mysteries, I highly recommend a series by Charles Todd. (It's actually a mother/son team.) They write about the period in England during and after WW!. Each book either centers around Ian Rutledge,a detective who served in the war and has returned to the police force, or Bess Crawford, a nurse who serves usually in France for the British. The authors are Americans, but they have such a knowledge of British culture and history that it's hard to believe they're not Brits. Really good reads. Also just finished Joni and Ken, an Untold Love Story, about Joni Earekson Tada and her husband, Ken. Joni is a quadriplegic who paints with her mouth and has a nonprofit called Joni and Friends that works to help handicapped people. She's been all over the world speaking and reaching out to the disabled. It's a great book! I cried!

Post Thanks / Like
    Also loved A Man Called Ove!

Post Thanks / Like
    Think I'll check out Egypt's Sister at the library. Since you recommended it, Leona, I looked it up. It got great reviews!

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me know if you like Egypt's Sister.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am now reading A Name Unknown by Roseanna M. White. It is a Bethany House book and a clean one. This one is right before World War l and based in England. I will have to check on the Charles Todd series.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've written down A Name Unknown as well. It's so hard to find good books. Charles Todd is clean, as well. Let me know if you like their books. The Bess Crawford mysteries are my favorite.