Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GramaKate View Post
    I would like to make some yarn cakes from all of my yarn, but have not gotten a yarn winder yet, so I'm looking for ideas and things to look for. I figure this will help me tidy my home if I can consolidate yarn from 4 rooms into one organized section of a room. So, go.... what kind do you have- manual, electric, plastic, or wooden?
    Hi Kate,
    Are yarn cakes balls of yarn?

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a no spend week last week and am quite pleased. Part of my learning more about finances goal. Having more money tucked away in the bank is a real motivation. As for my taking better care of myself goal, I had two extractions and one cavity filled yesterday (March 25). Since I am now on a restricted diet until my mouth heals, that helps towards my weight loss and better eating goal also.

Post Thanks / Like
    My goals are simple. I want to start working with other yarns not always acrylic. I'm going to attempt to grow a garden, using straw bales for my plants. Continue my recovery from serious illness back in December. Add extra flowers mainly perennials to my my flower beds. Add extra new houseplants, cacti, and

Post Thanks / Like
    Yarn cakes are wound skeins of yarn that are flat on the top and bottom and round on the sides like a layer cake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maryabaribeau@yahoo.com View Post
    My goals are simple. I want to start working with other yarns not always acrylic. I'm going to attempt to grow a garden, using straw bales for my plants. Continue my recovery from serious illness back in December. Add extra flowers mainly perennials to my my flower beds. Add extra new houseplants, cacti, and
    Wishing you much success on reaching your goals! Also, may your recovery be continuous and complete. I will be planting my garden soon.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love "No Spend Weeks!" A concept that I've found challenging and exciting all at the same time. Glad you had a successful week! BTW, just saw this post! Hope you healed well from your dental surgery too!

Post Thanks / Like
    2017 Goals Continues...

Travel, reading, homemaking, interior decorating, meal planning, daily planning, Enjoying Life, friendships & kinships, Praising & Trusting God in All Things, experiencing new things, new opportunities and again Enjoying Life!

Post Thanks / Like
    HURRAY!!! I completed 2 goals...one on the 3rd of July and the other a few days ago. One of them was finishing the book, "Dream It, Pin It, Live It by Terri Savelle Foy. Am I excited!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Reached another Gigantic goal a few days Hurray!!!
    July has been a very gooooooood month for goal successes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyrose View Post
    I have many goals for this year. I get excited thinking about them and reviewing them! I have an exciting year ahead!

Gardening Goal(Prepping for Spring/Summer)

Decide which veggies, flowers and at least one fruit to plant
    Prepare the earth for planting
    Nurture and watch my gardens flourish
    Have bounty to share with others
    Enjoy the beauty, eat the edibles and ENJOY
    I started my garden much later than usual. Waiting to see what produce comes forth! Have planted two okra and two tomato plants so far.