Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I struggle with following certain patterns (I prefer videos because of this) and the dreaded tangled yarn. Lol
    <<~| Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. |~>>

Post Thanks / Like
    I absolutely HATE trying to put together granny squares - being a perfectionist (aren't we all?) it never looks good enough to me so I avoid them at all costs ... and have two bags of granny squares waiting for me to work up the gumption to just do it.

My biggest struggle lately is getting patterns for ripple afghans to come out correctly. I have ripped out and redone enough to have made afghans for all 7 of my brothers and sisters. I am beyond frustrated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not buying more yarn when I already could open a small shop!

4. Likes GramaKate, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Things I struggle with

Hello,
    Some things I struggle with in Crochet. I can never get the same gauge as the pattern no matter the changing of needles or yarn. Sometimes I miss the end stitch so I started using safety pins to mark my end stitches.
    I do think that crochet is more forgiving is you make mistakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    @lasvegasann
    i had same problem beanies cone out small or big,now i started doing from down to top,may be this helps you.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I crochet a hat, I start with a majic circle and depending on how large a hat, I dc into the circle. Infants are 8 stitches and do increases every row til I have 40 stitches. For the adult hat I've gone with 10, 11, or 12. It depends on my yarn, hook, and desired results. For the babies at the hospital, the nurses have requested them be at least 8 inches long so they cover the baby's ears and can be cuffed. I usually can expect 2" give, so it fits a 5" to 7" (doubled) hat. I hope this helps. I make so many hats, I'm probably taking for granted that you know what I mean by all of this! If you need more help, feel free to ask.
    Katy

8. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Best and easiest beanie I have found- Simple Single Crochet Beanie. Multiple sizes. Go to ktandthesquid.com It is free.

10. Thanks Southernrain55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use the same pattern for a hdc or dc hat, too.