Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

I Have Wondered Why No One Ever Did This . . .

Why a special group wasn't formed in the area where Crochet Talk has specialized little communities is surprising to me.

We lost a lot of members who just drifted away because they wanted to come here and talk about crocheting and meet others with the same interests.

This happened so gradually that perhaps no one really noticed.

The solution to keeping members and keeping this as a vibrant crochet and knitting group could have been for someone to form a specialized group and site and call it THE CHAPEL. A place where we could check each day to see if any members were in need of spiritual support and prayers. A place to keep track of the progress of those who were on sick lists, etc.

Instead all this activity was spread all over Crochet Talk and dominated everything. And members dropped out. NOT because they were offended or anything like that but because they couldn't get the attention they were seeking for crocheting problems and/or interests.

I watched this all happening and it was sad to watch what was beginning to look like the slide down into obscurity for what had been a great community!

It's not too late to reverse and grow this community back into a fun and happy place to be! I would start THE CHAPEL or any other suitable name but I simply can not take on any more than I'm doing now. My life is full and I would love to see Crochet Talk restored to it's former self.

Thanks for your time to read this.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am here in the CT always.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I am disappointed in the fact that most of the ones I used to talk to have left...maybe to Facebook, or other places. I have been away myself because of all the doctor apptmts and then I fell and broke my wrist in May and am still in rehab 2 times a week. It seems like there is something everyday and I get so tired. When I get home I sit down and fall asleep most of the time. I finally have a new computer AND a new phone and still learning how to use them.
    I think we are not paying attention to which forum we post in for one thing. I would like to see more people on here and where are all the pictures we used to share? I think the picture forum is rather hard to use now. I have never learned to post a video yet. I have finally given up on that. Maybe that is just me and I am getting older too, maybe that has something to do with it. I seem to have new pains every day now.
    I would like to see someone who has the time, start THE CHAPEL or whatever it might be called. There is so much sickness and prayer needed today. It could be a totally separate website and Crochettalk could be like it used to be, just for crocheting and knitting. I hope I haven't offended anyone...it certainly is not my intention. Love to you all, redhead/Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 09-30-2016 at 07:30 AM.

4. Likes bristol2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am here every day and I welcome new comers and try to answer.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

6. Likes bristol2002, Croche liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in total agreement re your suggestion. You might want to address this to the moderator of the group.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that some people just couldn't get on Crochet Talk but like I mentioned somewhere else that to get on Crochet Talk I click on the plus button by the tab on the top and that brings up the recent places that I've been and then I can click on C.T. I'm also on a knitting site and to get there I have to open the knitting folder. If I go to 'New Posts' or 'Today's Posts' I can see the post quicker instead of waiting for it to be on my e-mail.

Everyone here likes to crochet and most if not all also do other crafts. I thought people were busy - I didn't know that people have dropped out. There is only so much time in the day. Some people work and then there's time on the computer, time crocheting, time cleaning or cooking , eating, etc. not counting devotions and prayer and doing Bible Study lessons and going to Bible Study and Church and other places.

I also like to try and help if someone has a question. I think if we open up another group for prayers and support that would be good but I think that over time people would again be putting prayer requests on C.T.
    We don't always stay on topic.

There is also General Chit Chat on C.T. where we can talk about anything our heart desires other than crocheting and Prayer is something other than crocheting.

I've been posting 'A Time To Think, Act and Pray' on the General Chit Chat. and any other Prayer concerns or something other than crocheting.

Some people have done Prayer Shawls where they pray while crocheting.

9. Likes bristol2002 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i agree with you poinciana

Pittsfield, Wisconsin which is 7 miles west of Green Bay
    Post Thanks / Like

where is everyone gone to

I haven't been on CT in months and was just wondering what has happened. I have not received an email in ages and when I signed in I was shocked to see it so empty. I really enjoyed this forum and the different sections. The Chapel is a great idea but was working the way it was. I noticed that people joined and asked a question and never responded when the question was answered. Hope this site gets back to what it was.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with poinciana. A special category for those needing prayers,etc. would make it easier for all. I miss not getting my newsletters and have,for the second time,sent notification and asked for help. While I can check new posts it was much more convenient when I was notified there was a new newsletter. I also have noticed some regular members have not posted recently. Yes,people are busy but it is so important for all to take "me time"! Life is too short to just hurry on through and not have personal interests. Happy Stitching to all,imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello today! It is free day and I knit my vest
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן